Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time landlord

Options
  • 08-04-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi gonna be renting out a recently refurbished house from 6 months to a year. Gonna be done between a mutual friend they viewed it and agreed on a price. I need some sort of contract what's the best way about going about it and anything I should be weary of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭burkey2k0

An estate agent can customise a lease if needed, or can use existing templates online.

Irishlandlord.com in general is a good resource - irishlandlord.com/documents/l/Lease%20irishlandlord.pdf

Another example here: topfloor.ie/freebies/lease

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

iphone6 wrote: »
    Hi gonna be renting out a recently refurbished house from 6 months to a year. Gonna be done between a mutual friend they viewed it and agreed on a price. I need some sort of contract what's the best way about going about it and anything I should be weary of.

Be wary of Part IV tenancies, if the tenant is there for 6 months or more they are entitled to stay there for 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The only time I ever had problems with a tenant was when I rented to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭burkey2k0

The only time I ever had problems with a tenant was when I rented to a friend.

Personally I'd be of the opinion that I would never want to rent from, or to, a friend or mutual friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

burkey2k0 wrote: »
    Personally I'd be of the opinion that I would never want to rent from, or to, a friend or mutual friend.

Well unless you didn't want them as a friend anymore :pac: Very expensive and frustrating way to tell them to get lost, much easier to sell them a used car or lend them some money!

Advertisement