Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderwood Apts, Cork. "Serviced property" What does this mean?

Options
  • 07-04-2015 2:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just a quick one. I'm looking to go into a house share in Cork. I've found a nice looking place (link below), its an apartment and the Daft ad states that it's a "serviced property". I haven't come across this term before, what does it actually mean? I havent had a reply from the advertiser hence I ask here.
    Would it mean the cost of utilities, bins etc is included in the €350 pm?

Thanks for any advice.

http://www.daft.ie/my-daft/saved-ads/sharing/814210/14028577

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can't link into your own favourites ;)

Edit: Got this totally wrong on the first go.

Looks like "serviced" usually means that it's somewhat like a hotel in that everything's provided at a set fee, including utilities and in some cases even laundry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Oops, sorry! Here's the proper linky http://www.daft.ie/sharing/16-ballintemple-cork/814210/

Yeah, that was my hunch. I'm just gonna have to wait till he gets back to me. They are lovely apartments, I know someone who is in one of the same design elsewhere in the city.
    Does anyone know anything about these ones? What are they like and what is the management like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

seamus wrote: »
    You can't link into your own favourites ;)

Edit: Got this totally wrong on the first go.

Looks like "serviced" usually means that it's somewhat like a hotel in that everything's provided at a set fee, including utilities and in some cases even laundry.

I see. Well on the face of it that would seem like a great deal, an its a double room too. Most half decent places around Cork are asking €280-300 for single and box rooms in semi-d's. Most double rooms are asking for €350 just for rint alone with bills n bins all extra?

Has anyone on here any experience of these apts? At the minute it's looking like being worth a look at at least, but it seems a bit too good to be true! Any experiences welcome.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

As an aside gotta love EA speak:

'Apartment briefly comprises..' LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

We lived there for a few years & never had any problems with the place. Had a secure underground car park & bins were included in the rent. Utilities were our own responsibility so had those on top of €825 rent. I'd imagine it would be the same for the one you're looking at. The only niggly thing is match traffic & parking from Pairc Uí Rinn which has apparently gotten really bad around there in the last few months. Other than that we loved the location.

• Advertisement
Advertisement