Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forests and Parks where BBQing is allowed

Options
  • 06-04-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Now that the long days are upon us, one of our favourite family activities is a day trip with a BBQ lunch. Some places facilitate this (Curraghchase forest park in Co. Limerick is a great example) while others have signs up prohibiting it.

Where else allows you to BBQ in lovely Co. Cork?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

That's a very good question.. I cant think of any that I would say allows. I remember going up North last year and a lot of the picnic tables there had a little metal dish or tray as such built into the table where you could put your bbq..Great idea so it was

• Registered Users Posts: 15,762 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Lots of places in other countries have coin operated BBQs and similar built-in things.

Better if it was blanket banned here as some pillock will attempt to light up a diy BBQ during a dry spell and end up torching the place.

Add to that the additional rubbish and food left behind when people don't clean up after themselves here.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Milly33 wrote: »
    That's a very good question.. I cant think of any that I would say allows. I remember going up North last year and a lot of the picnic tables there had a little metal dish or tray as such built into the table where you could put your bbq..Great idea so it was

There are some places in Ireland that do it very well but for some reason they are few / non existant in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I suppose that is it, maybe there are just too many messers done here.. I have seen people with bbq's on Garryvoe beach but it would be a bring your own bbq..

Maybe it is a business we could get into haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Theres a small forrest near me that has no signs up about fires. Ive been there a few times with disposable bbqs and nobodys ever said a word about it. Theres a picnic bench next to a little river. I set it up on the gravel here so i dont scorch the grass. I always have a bucket of water on hand just in case and use this to out it when we're finished cooking. Fold up the bbq when its cooled and pop it into the bucket with any rubbish and off thru the forrest for a stroll. No harm done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement