Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me out! Buzzing driving me mad!

Options
  • 06-04-2015 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys, i recently bought a house. i constantly hear a very high pitch buzzing noise from my back garden? my neighbour next door has a shed built out his back garden that he made himself which i am suspicious that the noise is coming from there? can someone help me out? my partner doesnt hear this sound, but a worker that was in my home could hear and though we had mice?? we 100% dont have mice or a electricty problem. thanks in advance. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Would you or your neighbour have one of those electric plug in animal deterrents plugged in? Apparently people under 30 years old can hear hi frequency sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Did you ask your neighbour about the noise? This could be a chest freezer of some kind of generator/charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pickyb

i was thinking would it be a pest control plug in? i havent actually moved into the house yet but while rennovations were been done i could hear noise and still can! i will mention it to neighbour thanks :-) neighbour spends all day in shed so i was unsure what he is doing in there? there is also a electric cable running through block work of his shed into his house? maybe a extension lead cable? surely this is not safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

pickyb wrote: »
    i was thinking would it be a pest control plug in? i havent actually moved into the house yet but while rennovations were been done i could hear noise and still can! i will mention it to neighbour thanks :-) neighbour spends all day in shed so i was unsure what he is doing in there? there is also a electric cable running through block work of his shed into his house? maybe a extension lead cable? surely this is not safe?

You can run a lead on your own property if you want but if on your wall then thats a different story.

Probably has a work bench and a laid or lade cant remember spelling.

Meth lab I would say does he look like that lad off breaking bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

pickyb wrote: »

It's probably not the best course of action to approach your neighbour to tell him what you think he can or cannot do on his own property. It's not really your business what he's doing in the shed unless you have a verifiable noise or environmental complaint.

If your engineer is still around or if you have a friend in the trade ask them to bring a noise level meter around to see if you can confirm the source. I'd suggest only talking to your neighbour when you're 100% sure the noise is coming from his work shed. There are a lot of things that can cause a high frequency pitch such as a faulty smoke detector or florescent bulb not connected properly or a small air leak in an aluminium pipe to name just a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

There isn't an ESB transformer nearby, by any chance? Can sometimes cause a humming sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pickyb

had someone have a listen in that trade they seem to think its a rodent plug in thingy (sorry bad wording) im unsure. i dont mind what he does in shed once it does not effect me but i know sound will drive me bonkers at night if a window is left open! thanks for all your replies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,351 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Probably has a work bench and a laid or lade cant remember spelling.
    Lathe. :)https://www.google.ie/search?q=Lathe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=K64kVajqM8fjaqjigCA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Could it be wasps or bees nesting somewhere in or under his shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bigdavyj

Yes, not everyone can hear those audible noises from rodent deterent devices, supposed to just effect animals / vermon but noises can be heard by people too. Same idea as the boxes that are put up in towns to stop teens hanging around certain areas/ buildings / shops are just meant to be audible to teens and younger but i know loads of adults who can hear the squeeling/ buzzing noise emitted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement