Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Clondalkin

Options
  • 04-04-2015 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi we family with small kids looking to move to clondalkin. Can you please tell me what areas are ok and safe for us with no anti social behaviour. Thanks so much I really would appreciate your feedback. Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

jusspy wrote: »
    Hi we family with small kids looking to move to clondalkin. Can you please tell me what areas are ok and safe for us with no anti social behaviour. Thanks so much I really would appreciate your feedback. Cheers.

Tbh clondalkin is a pretty big place and with kids you's need to be looking at other factors too. The Dutch village is a good place to start looking as it's got schools and amebries. Certain estates have a better reputation then others if you have any on mind I'd be happy to give the he real concensus of what I've heard about them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jusspy

hi I had couple of areas in mind thanks for your help u are v kind, I was thinking about riversdale road, ashwood close and oak way. please let me know, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

All of those estates are ok Riversdale is nice as is oak way these would be my first two choices ash wood is ok too being honest those estates are more an older generation so not too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

jusspy wrote: »
    hi I had couple of areas in mind thanks for your help u are v kind, I was thinking about riversdale road, ashwood close and oak way. please let me know, thanks

I've lived a good chunk of my life in Clondalkin, as a kid and then last 12 years when I bought my first house.

Which area is best option for you all depends on your budget for the area. Had a quick look on daft, I see 2 3 and 4 bed in each of those areas for 150, 200, 300k. If budget is around 200 mark I would look at the woodford or monksfield areas - slightly better location for that money (3beds).
    With any area no matter where a lot of it depends on who is living there. I know of one road where there was a lot of trouble, antisocial behaviour etc. down to one family. When they moved the place transformed.
    Choose areas nearer the village or nearer Luas that fits your budget. Get to know the areas at daytime and night, google for any news stories. Id go as far as talking to the guards to find out if there is any particular road on your list to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fe_fowles

Hey guys, what do you guys know about Deansrath Road in Clondalkin? Is it a nice area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 mrsgiller

I wouldn't choose deansrath. Oak way is good area and rivers dale .

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

woodord is a great area and so is Monastery, floraville 20 years I've been living here and I have never any trouble ...Village is beautiful and it has all the amenities one needs.. M50 liffey valley mill center 15 drive to Blan town

Advertisement