Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Surf Family Holiday

• 03-04-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the best or most interesting places to stay in Ireland for a family/surf summer holiday

Kinda thinking malin head --- curduff but an open to suggestions

Thanks

Ps Safe beach a must but good restaurants and things to do ect...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bof

Castlegregory ticks all those boxes. Usually summer swell, Inch over the hill, Tralee and dingle short drive away, whats not to like

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Westport maybe? Plenty of stuff to do if there's no waves and you have Carrownisky (25 mniutes) and Keel (45 minutes to an hour) away if there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Rent a camper van and go see

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

Rent a camper van and go see

He would probably end up clamped at least once and not able to get into most car parks as there are barriers everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I've been surfing out of a camper for years and not had a problem yet touch wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

2nd vote here for castlegregory , I love the place , favourite place I have ever been and go down every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Going to be North Donegal this time, been ages since I've surfed there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

If it's Donegal then I'd suggest Bundoran as a base, there is water world for the kids and fairground + amusements. places to eat and it's close to a number of beaches like Streedagh an Rossnowlagh. Oh and there is a cinema also.
    hth.

Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Bundy would be a good bet...

Close to Sligo town too for a bit of culture

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Pure Magic in Achill is fantastic. Family friendly hostel, great food, cracking atmosphere, good prices, boards and kitesurfing gear to rent along with lessons. (don't think you need surf lessons though!! But you could get a few kite lessons on the lake if the waves are crap) They do Sup adventures too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Pure Magic in Achill is fantastic. Family friendly hostel, great food, cracking atmosphere, good prices, boards and kitesurfing gear to rent along with lessons. (don't think you need surf lessons though!! But you could get a few kite lessons on the lake if the waves are crap) They do Sup adventures too.

Oh rodent needs lots of surf lessons!! ;op

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

Dunfanaghy in Donegal is another option. Two surf schools in town. The area is full of safe & stunning beaches. Loads to do around there too. Glenveigh national park, Ards forest park, Horn head cliffs to name a few. If you get the weather you're laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Again thanks a mill, going to base myself in Dunfanagh, safe beachs a must for the little one and the place is well worth exploring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

can't go wrong in Dunfanagh, try to get up to Glenveagh national park, worth the visit

Advertisement