Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another rent allowance thread

Options
  • 02-04-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

I think the name of this thread suits pretty much, has anyone successfully found a landlord who accepts rent allowance? I am on the housing list since 2012 and have not found anything. Since daft has removed their rent allowance section it has become impossible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

stevek93 wrote: »
    I think the name of this thread suits pretty much, has anyone successfully found a landlord who accepts rent allowance? I am on the housing list since 2012 and have not found anything. Since daft has removed their rent allowance section it has become impossible.

Very few places accept it now ,probably doesn't help the government has repeatedly said it won't be increased at all .

And depending where your based your looking at a 8-10+ years wait for social housing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Focuspoint have a list everyday,
    flats, house for rent that accept rent allowance,
    10-20 ads on an average day.
    its a lot easier to get ra outside dublin .

https://www.focusireland.ie/
    https://www.focusireland.ie/our-services/services-in-your-local-area/guide-to-our-services

Dublin
    Coffee Shop
    15 Eustace St, Dublin 2
    Tel:
    01 6712555
    Email:
    CoffeeShop@focusireland.ie

list is here at the coffee shop , 11.30 am -3pm

they go thru all the ads and print out a list everyday.

re getting a flat from council my experience is very hard to get 1 unless u are over 50,
    Unless you are on disability allowance .
    i think the government have almost given up in dublin as rents are rising every year.

there will be new social housing built ,
    but it takes 3 years for the council to build anything in dublin .

The days of the council building 1000.s of houses is gone.

Apart from the rebuilding of ballymun.

outlawing bedsits was a bad idea as it reduces supply at the lowest end of the market .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It *is* difficult, OP, especially as Gatling mentioned-the government isn't increasing the Rent Allowance.

But there's nothing else you can do apart from constantly putting yourself out there; put ads up on noticeboards, in newspapers, on Gumtree, tell friends to keep an eye out for places where they can vouch for you.

A friend of mine, who was having difficulty finding a place in Dublin, did move to Wicklow, where she was able to find an apartment within the Rent Allowance limits, so it might be something you have to do.

You're in for a really long wait with the Council, as Gatling mentioned.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a place in Hartstown, Dublin 15 that is a 3 bed for 900€ a month and accepts rent allowance. Landlord is looking for deposit and months rent up front.

It is on daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

January wrote: »
    There's a place in Hartstown, Dublin 15 that is a 3 bed for 900€ a month and accepts rent allowance. Landlord is looking for deposit and months rent up front.

It is on daft.

must be an error. three beds go for 1200 easily there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

must be an error. three beds go for 1200 easily there

Or a house with a problem, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is, and that price sounds too good.

Advertisement