Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Home of the Year RTE 1 - 8.30pm Tuesdays

1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Have to say I really liked the second home - apart from the bike on the wall. It looked really lived in and comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I wouldn't have the bike either.

I loved the idea of having a "mini flat" downstairs. That would be so perfect for the messy creature that's me....I'd live there and keep upstairs clean for guests 😂😂

I did like the winning house better though. Though tbh I'm having trouble remembering what it was like....but I liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭appledrop

I would have preferred the semi-detached house in Dublin as winner to be honest.

The other house won for the amazing views etc but that's easy to do if you have the site are can build whatever you want.

It's much harder to refurbish a house on small plot and make it work for a large family, like the Dublin house did.

Also these one off houses are not good for environmental reasons, much better to refurish a house in a central location near to all amenities.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

Yea I thought the Dublin one was fab too. It looked like all the other houses from the front, but when you went it … wow.

They were all lovely in fairness but it is definitely easier to create a stunning house when you’re building from scratch.

That’s it for this year!

No I loved the house that won.

It was that one are Kilkenny one with the dark interiors for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The new series will be called ‘Homeless of the year’ to reflect the current situation in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Ha Ha. The programme has expanded to the Welsh and Scottish homes of they year, going out on SKY. The houses look much more affluent and interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

A little off topic but I recently discovered Scotland Home of the Year - somewhere on my skybox. Missed the first 2 episodes but enjoying the rest. Beautiful scenery and it's interesting how they make use of their outdoor living space in their weather. Think I've one or 2 more episodes left to watch.

I think it's Thursday on rte 2 I think around 7:30/8.

Advertisement