Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAMSAT 2016 Ireland

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Megan01

I hope everyone is happy with their offers today. Anyone else heading to UL??😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Maat

Eek I will be in this position next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭siobhanosaur

Got offered UCD with 63, so happy! 😆 Anyone else heading there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mambo_number_5

Hey guys very new to all this craic and very confused. I thought I'd give this gamsat a go this september seeing as they have a dublin venue. Very last minute decision on my part. I'm only going into 3rd year college now on a four year course. If I were to get a decent result in the September 14th exam, would it still be valid by the time I graduate in 2018 with a (fingers crossed) 2:1 degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

UL for me too, Megan! See you there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Esophagus

Welp, I accepted UL but I will only be attending if I get the scholarship.

I hope you guys have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Galwaygirl2016

Got UL too delighted!! Hope everyone is happy with offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hyoid

Got into UCC, now just need to sort out loans D:
    Although I think a need a letter of acceptance before the bank will talk terms with me.
    It's great to see so many people who got what they wanted here! Congrats everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mccloskc

hyoid wrote: »
    Got into UCC, now just need to sort out loans D:
    Although I think a need a letter of acceptance before the bank will talk terms with me.
    It's great to see so many people who got what they wanted here! Congrats everyone!

I've got rcsi but the two bank contacts I've been given won't answer their phone. Want to get this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hyoid

Mccloskc wrote: »
    I've got rcsi but the two bank contacts I've been given won't answer their phone. Want to get this sorted.

Same here, it's kind of stressful having it hanging over you. I haven't been able to find out any recent information about the tailored loan package, is it Bank of Ireland for RCSI as well?

• Advertisement

hyoid wrote: »
    Same here, it's kind of stressful having it hanging over you. I haven't been able to find out any recent information about the tailored loan package, is it Bank of Ireland for RCSI as well?

Lucy hunter 0766231375 this is the girl u need to ring. She's over the GEM loan process for BOI

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pepesilvia

It's bank of Ireland, you don't need a letter of acceptance. I got loan pre approval in July. It's very straight forward. Just call into the boi affiliated with your new college.

pepesilvia wrote: »
    It's bank of Ireland, you don't need a letter of acceptance. I got loan pre approval in July. It's very straight forward. Just call into the boi affiliated with your new college.

I was told I needed approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

There's a Facebook group for the UL class if anyone's interested: University of Limerick - Medicine - (UL Med) - Class of 2020. There's also a good group for people looking for accommodation!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hobes

Quick heads up, if anyone accepted UL, regarding the iPad. Needs to be ordered before 11th August (this Thursday). To quote:

Please note that your order must be received by us by 11th August 2016 in order to get the iPad ready for deployment on September 1st .

Source: can't post a link unfortunately. It's on the UL GEMs FAQ page. The question regarding the iPad.

I'm also trying to find out some key days such as start date, as I haven't received anything yet. I'm moving from Dublin and have handed in my notice to my employer; hoping to get things sorted and would like to know how much time I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oops_A_Daisy

hobes wrote: »
    Quick heads up, if anyone accepted UL, regarding the iPad. Needs to be ordered before 11th August (this Thursday). To quote:

Please note that your order must be received by us by 11th August 2016 in order to get the iPad ready for deployment on September 1st .

Source: can't post a link unfortunately. It's on the UL GEMs FAQ page. The question regarding the iPad.

I'm also trying to find out some key days such as start date, as I haven't received anything yet. I'm moving from Dublin and have handed in my notice to my employer; hoping to get things sorted and would like to know how much time I have.

Year 2 GEMs are returning on Monday 29th August. Our calendar shows that 1st year GEMS start classes the following Monday 5th September.

There is an orientation week the week before, but the only mandatory days for us last year I think were the student administration registrations days (usually the Thursday and Friday).

I'd say an email will be sent out soon enough with the Orientation Week, but I would ensure to be down in Limerick for Monday 5th September for the start of classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clarec96

Maat wrote: »
    Was this meant to be a direct message to someone? :)

A bunch of us here have a study group formed (will probably be starting up formally in September when people are free), which we are hoping might arrange meet ups in Dublin/swap tips and support etc, if you're interested in joining?

I have so many books to read I have no clue where I'll start haha!

Hey! Ya sorry new to boards still getting the hang of it! Ya count me in! It would involve me having to travel but would definitely be up for it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EddyP

Hi all!

Congrats to those who got accepted this year!

I'm hoping to do the GAMSAT next year and was wondering did anyone have any advice? I have a degree in education and so have no Science background but I have bought the Gold Standard and Organic Chemistry for Dummies books.

Any help would be great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

Yoo hoo! Hello Boardsies!!!!

So, I've decided to take the GAMSAT this coming March, I've got a few sample papers, and I've purchased the Gold standard DVD, a verbal reasoning book, A.C Grayling's meaning of things, and my plan is to use Khan academy and LC revision books for the science bits. However, I am going into the final year of my degree. I kind of want the 1.1 (I know I only need a 2.1 but its just something I'd like to achieve). I was just wondering, is this all maybe a little too much? Does anyone know of anyone who was able to do the same i.e balance their degree and GAMSAT at the same time. It will be my first time to sit the GAMSAT in March, I'm just wondering is this a little too much to expect of myself, I don't want to overburden myself, and then end up collapsing with all the stress and achieving neither of these goals....

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yamadeejit

Hey,
    Didn't want to make a separate thread for this but I am looking for a bit of advice. I'm in my final year of pharmacy at the minute and I am set on doing medicine. Would you advise me to go down the GAMSAT or HPAT route?
    Also - if there are any pharmacists around, were you able to get a loan and enter medicine straight after the pre reg year? Or did you need to work full time and save up a bit beforehand?
    Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Results out

Advertisement