Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drug testing after operation

Options
  • 09-03-2015 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I had a cosmetic operation privately about this time last year and was on morphine in the hospital for my recovery, I don't have any of my original paperwork saying that I had the operation... Is this something that is likely to cause problems in a substance misuse test? Should I start trying to obtain paperwork confirming it now? Or should I just declare it at the test, not sure if they even test for morphine but better safe than sorry- don't know if I will even get to that stage yet but the last thing I want is to fail the whole process for something like that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niamh1993

I don't understand what you are worried about if it was a year ago?? Morphine only stays in your system for about 4 days not a whole year?? What are you worried about?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

I think it stays in urine for only a small number of days but anything you put in your body stays in your hair until it grows out I think? I'm probably being overly cautious when the PCA is more of a pressing concern but it would be a silly think to lose out because of

A single strand of hair can show your drug use in the past 90 days. That's 3 months. You will be fine. And even if it showed up, it can't tell the current impairment.

Current impairment? That's good anyway, I'm sure if I did come up I could always contact the hospital again anyway I'm a bit green with this sorta thing, never had to be tested for anything before!

If using the drug impaired you in any way. Which it won't have if it was for medical use and not an addiction. You will be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

When they're cutting your hair, looks like loads btw but you honestly can't tell, he's that good at it, you're asked what medication/drugs you've taken within a certain time frame. Can't remember exactly the length of time but I think it's a couple of months. If you're worried about the morphine just say that to him, if it's the same guy I got he was hilarious. Don't forget to tell them about any painkillers cold and flu remedies etc.

Cool :) at first I thought they just took it off the ends but I was a bit mortified when I found out it had to be the root, in case I end up with big tufts all over the place! Hopefully he will take it from the bottom layers!!

Advertisement