Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 5 | Episode 13 | Forget [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

I enjoyed last weeks but thought this was a poor episode. Even for a filler in. Even for a walking dead filler in.

Did we really need to see Sasha's outburst following her photograph target practice?
    Is Carol too paranoid?
    Rick and the Hairdresser. It seems to be a storyline from a soap opera. Was he going to shot the husband?

Also the show really lacks extras. There are a few more now at the party but there are too many scenes where it is only the Politician & ricks group (like the fight in the previous episode)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

DaisyD2 wrote: »

Did anyone else wonder what became of the people in the photos? Diana only mentioned exiling 3? Sasha brought photos from her room out for target practice but who was the Biker/ mechanic that suddenly ups and leaves safety? For what the love of the open road?

I am Not a comic book reader but between that and the whole W/M carvings and then creepy kid (who I don't think has the sense about him to be afraid of Carols warning) going around with his A stamp I felt like I was missing a huge plotline.

None of the current inhabitants are the orginal house owners. Pretty sure Deanna said the place was empty when she and her group were sent there by an Army patrol. The Army Patrol was meant to join them but never turned up.

Been a while since I read any of the comics but I don't believe the Walkers marked with W or the boy stamping people with an A were in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

manster wrote: »
    Why carve W or M into the head of a walker? What does the signpost with Morgan signify?
    The way the last shot of it looked like an M, I reckon it's Morgan cutting his initial into walkers he has killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

For me it's a W - This is going back to the ep where Rick/Sasha/Tyreese/Gleen/Noah went to Noah's old neighbourhood and found the cars/trucks full of dismembered bodies all with 'W' carved into their heads - the W seems to be short for 'Wolves' - there were a number of warnings spraypainted about the place saying 'WOLVES NOT FAR'. Rick + co agreed not to speak about it to the rest of the crew, which is why Rick had a little stare when Daryl said "What the hell is W?" New gang?

Comic
    I'm guessing this might be the saviors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

What happened to the lad that was following them earlier in the season?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    The way the last shot of it looked like an M, I reckon it's Morgan cutting his initial into walkers he has killed.

I would be really surprised if this turns out to be the case. Surprised and annoyed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Both Sasha and Rick are suffering from all the silence and lack of walkers.

Sasha shooting the photos and being bewildered that no walkers were coming and reacting to the shots and Rick's eagerness to get close to the sound of the walker behind the fence. They just can't come to terms with a community that is contradicting the rest of the world around them.

I don't they have ever chosen a song that fits with this show. Every time it is grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Anyone know what happened to the priest? I can't remember where he went.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

He's with them in Alexandria, we just didn't see him at all this ep.

Hmmm, possibly one of the few Deanna 'exiled'?

qMePWfI.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

shinny wrote: »
    11026057_10206030169934546_4914361716175912763_n.jpg?oh=a88e7eb9fe6e9b2418bd04f0af5b5dd7&oe=5589344F&__gda__=1435631664_35d1982710bf814977580627cce70428

"Look at the flowers" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

There was mention of a few lads being given the boot because they weren't going to work out. I wonder how many of Ricks group fall into this category. No doubt there's some tough choices coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to the priest? I can't remember where he went.

Yeah same here. I don't remember him dying or anything. Last thing i remember about him was on the side of road talking to Maggie and removing his collar.

I don't remember him in the barn and i don't remember him being in Alexandria.

EDIT: According to this http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Gabriel_Stokes_%28TV_Series%29, he's still alive and well in Alexandria...wtf? seriously? He's the only one of the group that doesn't exist for two episodes but according to the new trailer he's a main character in the next episode!??!?
    "The Distance"
    Gabriel is first seen in the barn watching as Aaron is led inside. He witnesses Rick bound and interrogate him. When Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, Abraham and Rosita are sent to outside to see if Aaron's telling the truth, Gabriel remains behind. Later on, Gabriel is present as the group travels to Alexandria. When the RV's battery runs out, Gabriel is seen standing behind Carl as Glenn fixes it. Eventually, the group reaches the gates of Alexandria and are content, Gabriel included.

"Remember"
    Gabriel is briefly seen when the group arrives in Alexandria, in the background when the group is handing over their guns and again together with the rest of the group in the house.

"Spend"
    Gabriel will appear in this episode.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hazys wrote: »
    Yeah same here. I don't remember him dying or anything. Last thing i remember about him was on the side of road talking to Maggie and removing his collar.

I don't remember him in the barn and i don't remember him being in Alexandria.

He was at the gate of Alexandria when they walked in, and that's the last time he has appeared on screen I think.

There are too many characters to focus on really at the minute, so there might be large gaps between appearances for several characters in future I reckon. that or death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

MadYaker wrote: »
    And I don't have much faith in yer wan who's running the place, she's apparently very intelligent and good at reading people yet security is seriously lax, she has her idiot son in charge of patrols despite the fact that people have died under his command and she swallowed Carols BS hook, line and sinker.
    She is seriously deluded. She has been behind those walls with her "community" since the very beginning. She hasn't had to deal with walkers and psychos and seems caught up in creating a new civilisation. She's a politician who sees herself as president of the new world she will create. She's smart but her naveity about what the actual new world is now, will be her downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Carol and Rick going psycho were the best parts of the episode. Carol scaring the bejaysus out of the kid and Rick planting a kiss, imo, just because he could and he is realising he can do whatever he wants in there. Only a matter of time til Daryll and Aaron get...it....oooooonnnnn!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

Mormegil wrote: »
    None of the current inhabitants are the orginal house owners. Pretty sure Deanna said the place was empty when she and her group were sent there by an Army patrol. The Army Patrol was meant to join them but never turned up.

Been a while since I read any of the comics but I don't believe the Walkers marked with W or the boy stamping people with an A were in them.

when she was explaining how they got there I hadn't thought it abandoned but not yet moved into (by the buyers of houses before world went to hell) marketed as this luxury development that never happened.

I do remember her saying the army directed them there & were to have followed but never arrived so husband set about tasking those the army had sent there in shoring up the place using a nearby sites supplies.

The photos Sasha was looking at in the house before taking them out as target practise I thought looked like sullen teenage runaway as a smiley happy Girl with her parents & a brother? Thought maybe they had fled carrying their belongings as Lori & even Rick tried to do & as they found safety so fast they kept mementos intact where others abandoned them along the way in their struggle to survive but we still have to learn who and why Diana exiled inhabitants & if it is indeed her family she sneaks out too.

Even though it was Zombies Sasha hoped to attract in the woods I kept expecting Teen or Family to step through the trees & shoot her instead (maybe wishful thinking, shes really annoying me)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a pretty dull one this week.

Most interesting bit for me right now is Rick's gradual metamorphosis into Shane. He's brazenly courting another man's wife, he's acting all nice and fatherly to her son, and at the end we see him reaching for his gun which was a not so subtle hint to him wanting hubby out of the picture permanently.

I think we all know the kid is going to blab and it will be interesting to see if this leads to a showdown.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Quite liked this episode... Aaron v clever in getting Daryls trust. Love way Carol and Rick have changed over the seasons... Funny that Rick has gone back to keeping things from people like he did with info from jenner in first season.

The whole set up seems v odd...and seems impossible to believe Alexandria survived with the type of people they have...They just seem to be too unchanged.

I like Sasha, hope she survives for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I was just thinking about the kid and the 'A' stamp. Perhaps it's the child's way of saying who's part of Alexandria? So when he stamps rick, it's symbolic of his becoming part of the town.

Will have to go back and look at the W and wolves again now. For some reason I don't remember any of that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

I was just thinking about the kid and the 'A' stamp. Perhaps it's the child's way of saying who's part of Alexandria? So when he stamps rick, it's symbolic of his becoming part of the town.

Will have to go back and look at the W and wolves again now. For some reason I don't remember any of that...

Agreed, I still think they are part of an audition. Didn't Aaron allude to that when he was recruiting people. It's like they are giving them loads of space and access to see if they can be trusted. Maybe they want to pick and choose people?
    We also had people leave the group before them.. Who in there right mind would like to leave a safe area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm bowing out. Not as much of a survivor as you lot ;) I'll keep an eye on the threads, and keep track using the funny or die re-caps of "stupid **** in last night's walking dead". But I've had enough of it. Gimme Telltale series 3, the tv show has lost its edge and spark by being milked into a 16 episode season.

I'm bowing out. Not as much of a survivor as you lot ;) I'll keep an eye on the threads, and keep track using the funny or die re-caps of "stupid **** in last night's walking dead". But I've had enough of it. Gimme Telltale series 3, the tv show has lost its edge and spark by being milked into a 16 episode season.

This is what I've been saying for the past two seasons. I think the most recent episodes are actually decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Yeah the audition is still going for sure.

I'd say people left because of personality clashes and the fact they don't seem very proactive in finding others etc. or clashes with the leaders son. Seems like the kinda place they vote people out. I'd say they are giving them jobs, see if they fit in, if they don't have a place / purpose then they leave.
    Also we haven't seen any hard workers. Who does all the manal labour, farming etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anyone listen to The Walking Deadcast?

Something cool they pointed out about the current Episode Names

5-12. Remember
    5-13. Forget
    5-14. Spend
    5-15. Try
    5-16. Conquer

all link back to a speech by Dale in Season 1 or 2
    I like what, uh, a father said to son when he give him a watch that had been handed down through generations. He said "I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire, which will fit your individual needs no better than it did mine or my father's before me, I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it for a moment now and then and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick - Thou Shalt not Covet thy Neighbours Wife!

I've been coveting her since that maid's outfit in Season 1 of AHS, so can very much empathise with Rick. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can someone post the stills of the episode, the funny ones that have been posted after other episodes or point me in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

pc7 wrote: »
    Can someone post the stills of the episode, the funny ones that have been posted after other episodes or point me in the right direction

Here you go sir

http://imgur.com/a/td28f?gallery

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

naughto wrote: »

Cheers from a happy madam ;)
    Eta I fecking love them stills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

Am I the only one who thought back to Terminus when Rick got the letter 'A' stamped on his hand?

image-the-walking-dead-what-we-learned-from-a-8a681ad4-1086-4035-a2f9-ebd76c71591d.jpeg?width=500&height=284

Also if you look for meaning in the letters:
    W - walkers have a 'W' carved into their heads
    A - stamp used to identify Alexandrians

Leaves us one letter away from W-A-R, which is where i expect this settlement is headed based on what happened to Noahs settlement when there was 'W' zombies around.

Advertisement