Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WARNING: NBA League Pass Rip-Off!

• 17-01-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I bought the NBA League Pass Finals package back in May 2014. I am just after noticing in my bank statements that in November 2014, NBA League Pass took €170 out of my account for a full years subscription! When I emailed them (which it appears is all you can do, no phone service and live chat is not working), they replied saying that auto-renewal is in the Terms Of Use and that the 30 day refund period is over so there is nothing that can be done. I haven't even logged into my NBA League Pass account since last summer. I read their terms of use and it states that

"You authorize Us to automatically bill the Fees (including any renewal Fees) based on any subscription you purchase to the credit card, debit card...."

...based on any subscription! This clearly implies that if I am subject to an auto-renewal then they should be renewing the service I previously paid for, which is the Finals package and just renew this (hence the friggin term renewal, how can they renew something I never paid for!).

Unless I'm missing something, this actually seems illegal to me but doesn't look like I can do anything because they are not even replying to my emails now.

Just a heads up I suppose!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

They should have sent you an email or two saying that they were going to renew your subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Fairly sure I got a few emails reminding me of the date they'd be taking renewal fees. But they can get buried in among other emails

Advertisement