Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin musicians wanted to form decent cover band...

• 08-01-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm on the hunt for some good/experienced musicians who'd be up for a bit of jam with a view to forming a decent cover band. The focus would be to do a good job of playing great classic/alternative/indie tunes purely for a bit of fun at first and then see where it takes us after that.

Sort of stuff I have in mind would be the likes of Zeppelin, The Who, Queen, Faces, AC/DC Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, The Strokes, The Darkness, The Smiths, Blur, Manics, Arctic Monkeys, Raconteurs, The Shins, Primal Scream, The Black Keys, Alt-J etc, etc. Anything really - a nice mix of good tunes that are fun to play and to play them well...

I'm an experienced guitarist myself so I'm the lookout for everything else and ideally another guitarist who's a decent singer.

Rehearsals once a week in somewhere easy to get to like Sandyford or maybe one of the spaces in town.

So if you've done the original band scene to death or just want to have fun playing all that expensive gear you have, drop me a line here or on readytorock2015[at]gmail.com...

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Baggio1

hey amigo..... sounds like a good plan... classic rock drummer here.... rush, zztop, queen, led zep, deep purple, thin lizzy, acdc, skynard and many more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dethhead

I'm a guitarist, have sang metal/rock before so would be up for a jam! Gimme a shout if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dethhead

Don't mind playing bass either!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AsIsNow

PM Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭cthulhu79

pm sent! let's rock lads :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement