Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Land Rover Defender Conversion

Options
  • 07-01-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking for some help please.

If I buy a Land Rover Defender 110 with just the 3 seats in the front and remove the front middle seat and add 2 new seats in the back can it still be classified as a commercial? Can't seem to work it out off the revenue website. The defender is an 05.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

All post 2010 Defenders are N1 commercial no matter what body style and number of seats.

A pre 2010 110 with seats in the back doesn't meet the current crew cab rules as the back door isn't big enough. I have to pay private tax on my 00 110 station wagon but it's declared off road most of time these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

101sean wrote: »
    All post 2010 Defenders are N1 commercial no matter what body style and number of seats.

A pre 2010 110 with seats in the back doesn't meet the current crew cab rules as the back door isn't big enough. I have to pay private tax on my 00 110 station wagon but it's declared off road most of time these days!

HI Sean, I'm looking to import a defender 110 crew cab pickup in next few months, was trying to figure out the vrt story, what changes were made in 2010 to make it viable to register this model as n1? Enjoy your posts, ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

No changes, simply a bureaucratic exercise, something to do with EU VAT rules.

Don't know about pre 2010 110 crew cabs (Double Cab Pick Up in LR speak), they can carry a tonne but not sure the load space is big enough for €200 VRT or whether it would be 13.3%.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

No changes, simply a bureaucratic exercise, something to do with EU VAT rules.

Don't know about pre 2010 110 crew cabs (Double Cab Pick Up in LR speak), they can carry a tonne but not sure the load space is big enough for €200 VRT or whether it would be 13.3%.

The 110 didn't used to qualify as a commercial at 200. The 130 did and was cheaper to buy here for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Derby1

Just checked VRT for all 2011 model defenders (90/110/130) and they are being charged at 13.3% not €200 fixed rate. Has something changed since the above quote in 2015?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Derby1 wrote: »
    Just checked VRT for all 2011 model defenders (90/110/130) and they are being charged at 13.3% not €200 fixed rate. Has something changed since the above quote in 2015?

No.

13.3% is the correct rate of VRT for that type of commercial now.

Advertisement