Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Shop Opening Hours

• 03-01-2015 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

From today 3rd January, Ladbrokes & Boyles open till 9.30pm, Paddy Power open till 9.30pm starting Monday 5th.

These will now be the new closing times for Irish bookies all year round.

Monday to Saturday until 9.30pm, Sunday until 6pm (remains unchanged).
    This is due to a bill being passed in the Seanad that allows them to open without an Irish Horse Race meeting being on.
    Opening hours vary as some shops open earlier (9am Saturday) but official opening hour is 10am Monday - Saturday and 11am Sunday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

even more hours of virtual horses, and dogs races from the a-hole of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

even more hours of virtual horses, and dogs races from the a-hole of nowhere

nah it will be the same amount, as they supply them to the english shops also which are opened until that time anwyay

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

thank god he didnt get the 9 darter

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

One big difference is the Irish shops don't have the Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBT's) that UK shops have.
    It will be dogs, virtuals and US Racing, not a lot to make you go to a shop when there's no UK or Irish racing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

One big difference is the Irish shops don't have the Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBT's) that UK shops have.
    It will be dogs, virtuals and US Racing, not a lot to make you go to a shop when there's no UK or Irish racing on.

Be handy for weekend football bets on Friday nights if stuck in work during the day

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

A good lot of Friday's Irish Shops were open late anyway with Dundalk races on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

I think they should have left it the way it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The workers are gonna be bored off their tits.

The only market it hits is the mug punter sadly.

It will come in handy for me with work so can place Golf Bets on Tuesday or Wednesday.(maybe I'm the mug ;) )

Happy with this, always have to wait for ages to collect winnings during the week due to not getting off work on time to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

i was passing the other night around 8.30 and not a sinner in the shop ....1st thing that came to mind was it was a sitting duck !!!!!perfect opportunity for robbery....one staff member on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Would assume if there's nobody there, there's no money in the till?
    There's probably also a cost involved, open for another 3 hours and pay 1 staff for a couple of punters or pay 2 staff with the same number of punters.
    Middle of winter with no "real racing" on, I'd think it would be hard to get people in, might be different from April onwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

April to September no problem getting the punters in.

But on a Cold Monday night in January with no football or anything? What's the point.

I say plenty of staff ain't happy.

Advertisement