Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre Vs Vodafone Fibre (Congestion)

Options
  • 15-12-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi,

We're currently with Vodafone and were about to upgrade to fibre broadband with them. An Eircom salesman has just called out and claimed that Eircom offer uncongested 1:1 fibre broadband whereas Vodafone do not. Is this true?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Hi,

.. An Eircom salesman has just called out .

Cheers.

I think you've answered your question ... :-)
    I'm with VF and have not seen any contention issues , can't comment if Eircom is any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

I'm sure the regulator would be interested to hear of eircom dissing other isp using their own resold product!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Be very careful with anything those door-to-door salesmen tell you. In my experience, they have promised the Earth just to get you to sign on the spot, and some don't have a problem telling porkies about competitors.

I meant to add, I have VF broadband as well, very few, if any, problems to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

Cheers for the replies lads.

I just called Vodafone and the guy would only confirm that they, obviously, all use the same network. He couldn't confirm whether it will be 1:1.

The reason I'm worried is because we currently have ADSL broadband on a 6mb line with Vodafone, but the speed goes down to less than half a meg on evenings and weekends, rendering it all but unuseable. I'd hate to commit to an 18 month contract if we're going to experience a similar type of drop with their fibre service.

I'll try posting on the VF forum and see if one of their guys can offer any further insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Cheers for the replies lads.

I just called Vodafone and the guy would only confirm that they, obviously, all use the same network. He couldn't confirm whether it will be 1:1.

The reason I'm worried is because we currently have ADSL broadband on a 6mb line with Vodafone, but the speed goes down to less than half a meg on evenings and weekends, rendering it all but unuseable. I'd hate to commit to an 18 month contract if we're going to experience a similar type of drop with their fibre service.

I'll try posting on the VF forum and see if one of their guys can offer any further insight.

You can't really compare ADSL and VDSL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

You can't really compare ADSL and VDSL

True. I've just had a look over on the VF forums and one of their guys has stated that their service is non-contended. So Mr. Door-To-Door Broadband Salesman was telling porkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

So Mr. Door-To-Door Broadband Salesman was telling porkies.

They all do. Don't ever sign up to anything on your doorstep, no matter how good it seems

Advertisement