Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Buying a mini usb keyboard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭ SuprSi

Don't worry about it - in order to ensure I get it in time, I've just ordered the Novation Launchkey Mini. Looking forward to getting my hands on it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭ mordeith

Have fun with it!
    I have the Akai MPK mini myself. Very light and slim. Downside is only 8 mpc pads (2 banks) and no mod wheel or pitch bend. Keys nice and responsive though.

331548.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭ The Master

Used the have the MPC myself, great little controller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭ mordeith

I still have this guy as well. Cheap and cheerful. Only major issue is control knobs don't react in the DAW until the physical knob is turned to around 10%

331553.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ Kim Kardashi Un

I like my launch key mini. It is so compact. I'm sure the akai mini is equally good. Nice to have the additional big pads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ was.deevey

Arturia Minilab Maybe ?

750-MiniLab_detail0.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/ARTURIA-MiniLab-230401-25-Key-Controller/dp/B00COPKOUK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419786389&sr=8-1&keywords=arturia+minilab

It comes with the Analog Lab software package, which is bloody brilliant, and its the price as the Akai, has encoders rather than pots - and above all I really like the wood trim ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Freedom Square

Can't recommend the M-Audio Oxygen enough. I've had two of them now which sounds like a bad advertisement if you're wondering what happened to the first one. It took 6 years of dog's abuse before I needed a new one, which will now be subjected to the same dog's abuse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ SameHorse

i use the akai lpk25 myself. it's good enough that i'd consider getting any of their other keyboards.
    i think native instruments are getting into keyboards now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭ chewed

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it's the only one I could find that mentions the Novation launchkey

Does anyone know why there are 2 versions of the Launchkey 25 MK2?
    One with Modulation wheel and one without!

1461326824NOVATION_LAUNCHKEY_MINI_MK2_MIDI_KEYBOARD_PERSPECTIVE_01.JPG

preview.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭ chewed

Just copped on that one is the "mini" version!

• Advertisement
Advertisement