Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

New pathway along the Royal Canal in Phibsborough?

• 11-12-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ Teaforlife

Is there any proposals to build a pathway between Crossguns Bridge in Phibsborough and Reilly's or Campbell's Bridge in Cabra? The pathway currently on the canal on this stretch is in a bad condition and I think improvement is needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭ chughes

I walked that stretch of the canal last August and I would have no complaints about it. I walked from Binns Bridge in Drumcondra to Maynooth and the only part I thought needed work done was just after Blanchardstown/Castleknock train station. I think this area is called the Deep Sinking. Except for this area, you could walk or cycle the tow path very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭ dubhthach

Not really a history & heritage topic, so gonna move this to infrastructure. I'd imagine work here would be needed for stuff like proposed Galway <-> Dublin Greenway etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭ Subpopulus

There is a plan for a cycle path from the Liffey to Ashford currently in planning. See here - http://irishcycle.com/2014/11/26/details-of-high-profile-dublin-city-cycling-routes-soon-to-be-made-public/

I presume upgraded pedestrian facilities will be a part of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭ Carawaystick

I cycled this a while ago, thought it was track/road to Ashtown station, then grass a lot of the way to the m50, track to Clonsilla station and a lot of grass to the first Leixlip station

Advertisement