Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst Ever Christmas Song?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Christmas Fm really enjoy playing that Justin Bieber Christmas song a lot.....

I really cannot stand fairytale in new York either!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

All Christmas Songs Are Rubbish Except Have Yourself A Wombling Merry Christmas By The Wombles.

Special mention in the crap category is Mariah Carey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You people are weirdos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Definitely Christmas shoes, ridiculous pandering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt.

An a special mention for the Carpenters - Merry Christmas Darling

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

the power of love - frankie goes to hollywood. YOU ARE NOT A XMAS SONG SO FCUK OFF ALREADY! possibly the most depressing song ever written. when i hear that "ayeeayeeayy" it makes my mood plummet in seconds.
    i've said my piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Aveici- dont u worry child, xmas remix with jingles and sleigh bells, and dutch girls in santa suits and shades dancing half naked in the snow, which looks like a beach in ibiza with fake snow on it and you can see holiday makers with their shirts off in 28 degree heat, i think it was filmed in september this year .............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

While it's playing on the radio right now- my grown up Christmas list!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Tzardine wrote: »

There's something wrong with people who don't like Santa Baby- particularly the Ertha Kitt version!!

I have to admit though I despise Driving Home for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Wham and Mariah Carey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

efb wrote: »
    Stay another day E 17

No!!!! <3 it, and I wasn't even an East 17 fan back in the day.
    chocksaway wrote: »
    Fairytale of new york. Over rated and over played crap

I loved it, it is a great song, but am totally sick of it and never really want to hear it again.

I don't know 'Christmas Shoes' or the Grandma song - I'm guessing that in this I am blessed?

cml387 wrote: »
    Special mention in the crap category is Mariah Carey.

Was just about to say "thank god nobody mentioned Mariah". :( What is WRONG with you?

:pac::p
    efb wrote: »
    At this time of year- Craig from BB1

Oh yeah - LOLLERS!!!! :pac::D

Tzardine wrote: »

:eek:
    the power of love - frankie goes to hollywood. YOU ARE NOT A XMAS SONG SO FCUK OFF ALREADY! possibly the most depressing song ever written. when i hear that "ayeeayeeayy" it makes my mood plummet in seconds.
    i've said my piece!

I love that song but didn't realise it was an Xmas song and totally agree, it is NOT an Xmas song!

East 17 Stay is not a Christmas song either. They just added bells to the fade out to ruthlessly exploit the masses. (FACT).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I love that song but didn't realise it was an Xmas song and totally agree, it is NOT an Xmas song!

its so depressing! it sh!ts all over my magical xmas every year! :P

cml387 wrote: »
    East 17 Stay is not a Christmas song either. They just added bells to the fade out to ruthlessly exploit the masses. (FACT).

Sure, pretty all much Xmas songs are created to ruthlessly exploit the masses. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Nothing makes my blood curdle more than the sound of Michael Bubles voice. Ruining Christmas for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ha! Most of my favourite ever Christmas songs are mentioned in this thread :)

Surely this is the most negative thread ever to hit the Christmas forum? Not liking this at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

That Paul McCartney one - simply having a...

Also I agree with the Michael Buble cheesey chringy tone at Xmas. Yuk

Why is it crap? the lyrics, the music, the singers, or all of the above?

I disagree with you by the way! hi

kstand wrote: »
    Nothing makes my blood curdle more than the sound of Michael Bubles voice. Ruining Christmas for everyone.

Oh but he's so dreamy... or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Speaking of songs that aren't Christmas songs, MTV Xmas keeps playing The Ketchup Song. It seems that it was re-released with bells for Christmas in the same year it was originally released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Oh but he's so dreamy... or something.

I'd love to fire dogs sh1te at him while he's up singing on a stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

kstand wrote: »

I quite like a bit of Buble but his version of Its Cold Outside with Idina Menzel is bloody atrocious. Video is crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Trilla wrote: »

Why is it crap? the lyrics, the music, the singers, or all of the above?

Its just been battered to death. Its played on christmas fm ad nauseam. Its played on regular radio ad nauseam. Its played in every boozer in the country ad nauseam. It may have been a good song once upon a time but now its like that girl who used to be really hot back in the day but who now resembles an old leather bag after years of smoking Rothmans and skulling back the best part of a bottle of wine every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

I don't like it either, I turn the station when it comes on, but I think that's as much to do with every DJ who plays it saying its the greatest song of all time etc and that it's not Christmas until you hear it. Pure rubbish talk.

It probably wasn't a bad song in its own way but it's been overplayed to death so I'm just sick of it.

Someone here has said that driving home for Christmas sounds like Chris Rea is just making up the lyrics as he goes along.....that's the most accurate summation of that song I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping

Christ it's awful. Worked in a department store as Christmas staff when I was 16, Christmas songs on repeat all day long and the only one that bothered me was this absolute ****ehawk of a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Rob Thomas wrote: »
    I don't like it either, I turn the station when it comes on, but I think that's as much to do with every DJ who plays it saying its the greatest song of all time etc and that it's not Christmas until you hear it. Pure rubbish talk.

It probably wasn't a bad song in its own way but it's been overplayed to death so I'm just sick of it.

This exactly. It used to be a good enough song lyrically and musically but now there's no respite from it. It's forced on us everywhere and has ruined it!

This exactly. It used to be a good enough song lyrically and musically but now there's no respite from it. It's forced on us everywhere and has ruined it!

There should a moratorium of ten years before it's played again.

I think it's a great song but after the 100,000,000,000th playing...

Actually they should play the Ronan Keating version for 10 years. Then you'd appreciate the original.

I never heard Christmas Shoes before:eek:
    I lasted 45 seconds, and thirty of those was the advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭sniperman

ALL OF THEM:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Driving Home for Christmas. Chris Rea's voice gets on my tits.

Advertisement