Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

PC Master Race Hype :D

Looking forward to the cast and mechanics of the game !

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Though with the capcup sign in-game and the theme of the trailer I'm actually pretty glad capcom are heavily promoting the competitive side of FGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I was going to check Facebook just before I went to bed.... Crap.

Well....... that's my decision made in regards to what next gen console to get when I go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks like a hi res texture pack for SF IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

wheres my indestrutible hype trailer

hell reveal SFXT was more hype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

whens gems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Excited. I only own a next gen console, so I've had no fighters that I'm interested in. Can't wait to see the roster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

It will be nice to have something other than the xbox piece of trash pads as the default pads now. I was thinking of getting a ps2 pad to play anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I remember the first time SFxT footage was revealed.

I am reigning in my excitement on SFV for a year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im reigning in my excitement until a month after release and I realize the games poo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

bush wrote: »
    Im reigning in my excitement until a hour after release and I realize the games poo

FTFY

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ono's already started with his trolling... Fuerte for SFV?

1475966_10205635976317837_8061352976806719293_n.jpg?oh=69600dea89c9bac6363d4b01ddde63fa&oe=550BA1D3&__gda__=1427671908_865ab44ff4c772a1a138b458e399f2fc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Give Ryu donkey kick plz, ty

Urien plz too

On a serious note, PS4 exclusive? Surely this wont go down well in the community..welp. Glad I didn't make the plunge and commit to buying a next gen console yet, wanted to wait to see what next gen console SF5 would be better on...guess that decision has been made for me :pac:

New console + new stick + game + PSN membership....ughh FU capcom, that's about 500+ euro easily...

Actually so far most people I've mentioned it to have said "on PC, so don't mind either way" or "thnx Capcom for deciding for me."

Cross platform play confirmed :0

Sony involved in development...

http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/06/street-fighter-v-is-coming-exclusive-to-playstation-4-and-pc/

SFV will be at the Capcup!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Cross platform is fantastic new for me. No need to get a PS4 or even a new stick.

Looks like stage transitions and guard break (ugh)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

So guard break is back? Yikes.

• Advertisement

Guard break is good if done right, gives the player on the offense an edge, however I can kind of understand people's stance on it being bad as you should never be overly punished for blocking, idk, kinda in two minds about it myself

Ryu has denjin which is awesome, so set some time near sf3 like doom said.

I think UOH is a great mechanic from SF3 which should be brought back, really liked the idea and was a great addition

Ramza wrote: »
    Guard break is good if done right, gives the player on the offense an edge, however I can kind of understand people's stance on it being bad as you should never be overly punished for blocking, idk, kinda in two minds about it myself

Ryu has denjin which is awesome, so set some time near sf3 like doom said.

I think UOH is a great mechanic from SF3 which should be brought back, really liked the idea and was a great addition

Yeah I dunno about punishing people who are good at blocking. If you're not able to break someone down, with all the various tools SF tends to provide, then I dunno why you should be rewarded...

That said, it's possible that's an evolution of focus, might have specific guard break moves or something, not off a meter, or might be an evolution of guard break the same way focus is kind of an evolution of parry.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

looks like sfxt x injustice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks like it has SFxT style chains and did Chun OTG early in the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Looks like it has SFxT style chains and did Chun OTG early in the video?
    Yeah, but it's a prototype build with rapid camera cuts.

I fully expect half the stuff in the video to not work in the final game.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Looks sticky enough, but as Kiki said, this is early days. I'm okay with guard break too. Corners breaking is a really interesting mechanic, because it allows for the corner to be moved back somewhat mid round. More importantly though, hopefully the stages are uniform and we don't end up in an Injustice/Smash style async balanced stages.

And I don't think Chun does and OTG, it looks more like a bound?
    Ono's already started with his trolling... Fuerte for SFV?

1475966_10205635976317837_8061352976806719293_n.jpg?oh=69600dea89c9bac6363d4b01ddde63fa&oe=550BA1D3&__gda__=1427671908_865ab44ff4c772a1a138b458e399f2fc

Got Sinead to translate that, he goes on about "Capcom TV" for a while, where Momochi and Choco are going to do some OMEGA run downs, and then at the end he says "These masks, where have we seen these before?"

They belong to Tiger Mask, a famous Japanese wrestler. For what it's worth.

Tiger_Mask_IV_2.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah it looks a bit sluggish alright, but as you say it's a long ways out yet.

For what it's worth I'd be happy to see guard break come back. Bounds are cool but I dunno about the stages.....I don't wan't to end up in 3D fighter land.

Also, is anyone else a bit disappointed that they aren't really doing much to progress the story? I mean, Ryu and Chun-Li still haven't changed in 20 years. It's time to shake things up. Where's old man Ryu???

Anyone else notice Ryu in a different stance when Chun gets a jump in at 32secs? Could just be an idle animation maybe???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

They belong to Tiger Mask, a famous Japanese wrestler. For what it's worth.

Tiger_Mask_IV_2.jpg

Yes. There was supposed to be a Tiger-Mask inspired character in SF2 [or atleast there was concept art for one] along with a a Road Warriors/LOD inspired character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Has Tiger mask worn all of those? Top one is Blue Demons mask.

Advertisement