Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router

Options
  • 02-12-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I currently have an old eircom netopia router. I was thinking of getting the TP-Link TD-W8970 wireless modem. I have Vodafone broadband and the dowloand speed is 4mbps at the most with my current router. If I get this new router will it work with vodafone's broadband and will it make much of a difference. The reason I'm getting a new one is that the one I have now is old and I want to have more range and to be able to hold devices like 5 phones 2 laptops and a PS4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

This would be better suited in the broadband forum.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved from Bargain Alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

Depends on your level of technical skill with a router. If it's very low then maybe consider just getting a Vodafone router from them. While it might not be the current best model they will generally work out of the box have all at this point have 802.11n wireless.

Failing that there are a multitude of modems available and the one you suggested will work away fine for ASDL ,i.e not "fibre" broadband on copper lines aka VDSL.

You will however have to put in settings for your ISP however this are readly available on the forum or a quick google search.

Advertisement