Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poor upload speeds

Options
  • 24-11-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭

I am going to be contacting Vodafone (vodafone at home broadband ADSL not fibre) by direct message of this but before I do can i just put the feelers out there and see what others think - I am only getting upload speeds of on average 250kbps and not even half a Mbps and in the modem settings is only showing 384kbps upload rate (7168kbs download) am i being un reasonable to expect at least 512kbps or even better 1mbps upload rate? - its taking ages/hours to upload a video onto youtube say. On the technical side of things is it possible for vodafone to adjust the gain on my phoneline to allow better upload speeds or adjust something their end? - we have a crystal clear phone line and live in walking distance of the telephone exchange box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Speeds are assigned to profiles, standard DSL will never had great upload speeds. You could get a business line with a 1MB upload but for a cost.
    Price Per Eircom (All I can see online) Business Plus >> €65 / month plus VAT

Connection Speed - 12Mb Download/1Mb Upload
    Contention Ratio - 24:1
    Download Limit/Cap - Unlimited
    Eircom Business Enhanced >> €99 / month plus VAT

Connection Speed - 12Mb Download/2Mb Upload
    Contention Ratio - 24:1
    Download Limit/Cap - Unlimited

Is UPC an option for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

advertsfox wrote: »
    Speeds are assigned to profiles, standard DSL will never had great upload speeds. You could get a business line with a 1MB upload but for a cost.
    Is UPC an option for you?

wow that is pricey and only 12mbps download? - thats seems poor download rate especially for business - unfortunately i am signed to vodafone at home broadband for 18months at the moment

Advertisement