Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Our new Christmas mod!

Options
  • 24-11-2014 11:46am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's the most wonderful time of the year... to be a the new mod of the Christmas forum.

Everyone, please welcome our own Loughc, who has agreed to help me mod the most festive place there is on boards. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Congratulations. :) Great choice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I would also like to say a big thanks to D4RK ONION, who has given a lot of time to this forum over the last few years and wish him all the best with his promotion. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 anticonscience

Welcome ....

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Enjoy the Christmas power LoughC!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks again to everyone for all the thanks, well wishes and messages! Almost a week in my mod role now so I'm still getting used to everything!

I just want to continue keeping this forum the nicest, happiest place on boards and get ideas to make the focus on more all year round posting than seasonal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Loughc wrote: »
    Thanks again to everyone for all the thanks, well wishes and messages! Almost a week in my mod role now so I'm still getting used to everything!

I just want to continue keeping this forum the nicest, happiest place on boards and get ideas to make the focus on more all year round posting than seasonal.

Well its my go to place for that at the moment, and congrats on the mod job.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Best forum on the site. It's so nice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Can I make suggestion? Feel free to disregard it if it's a bad idea.

I love christmas but every year I feel a bit envious of the people who are organised enough to have it all done by November. You know the people who pick up gifts in the January sales and every week get something in their food shop to go into a specially designated christmas press. Their decorations are perfectly organised in a box and they start making chutneys months in advance. Any last minute buys are clevery paid for using vouchers or loyalty points etc.

I want to be one of those peoples!!

So maybe a thread where people can post about every tiny thing they do throughout the year which comes together into their Christmas. Even something really small like "planted parsley and sage today, will have nice mature plants by stuffing time" or "extra carton of custard bought today for the Christmas cupboard" or "saved some newspaper this week for wrapping the delicate decorations".

We could alert each other to special offers that may be handy for stocking our Christmas supplies and closer to the time it could get more structured "if you haven't started your Christmas pudding yet this weekend is the time".

What do you think? A year round "what I did this week" Christmas prep thread?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Whispered wrote: »
    What do you think? A year round "what I did this week" Christmas prep thread?
    Sounds like a plan- start one in the new year if you like- we can while away the January blues by planning for next Christmas! :pac:
    A feedback/suggestions thread might be an idea during the quiet months- although Loughc will probably have gone mad with power at that stage and won't listen to anyone. :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan- start one in the new year if you like- we can while away the January blues by planning for next Christmas! :pac:

A feedback/suggestions thread might be an idea during the quiet months- although Loughc will probably have gone mad with power at that stage and won't listen to anyone. :p

Don't you mean King Loughc? :P

Some great ideas to implement in January! Love them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have a baby due in the next few days so if it slips my mind feel free to start it if you like anyway posy. :)

I doubt I'll be a contributer to a well planned christmas thread, more a " read from the start but wait until October and try to fit everything in at once" type person. :o

Advertisement