Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

aldi voucher

• 14-11-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Aldi voucher in sunday independent this sunday 10euro off when u spend 50euro or more voucher is valid for one week

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I find it hard to spend €20 in Aldi let alone €50 when you don't include wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I find it hard to spend €20 in Aldi let alone €50 when you don't include wine!

Thank god they sell more then wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

tynka wrote: »
    Aldi voucher in sunday independent this sunday 10euro off when u spend 50euro or more voucher is valid for one week

Just bought the paper and used the voucher, thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tynka

Bradt Pitt wrote: »
    Just bought the paper and used the voucher, thanks for the heads up!

No problem them vouchers have been in the sunday independent nearly every sunday for d last few weeks. Always nice to save a few euro

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

I just used this week's Aldi voucher from the Sunday Independent in Tesco. I also had a €6 off €40 spend voucher to be used this week.

Got 6 bottles of wine @ 25% off, 2 selection boxes, 2 big bags of Walkers Sensations and a tub of Quality Street for €36.95.

My shopping should have been €69.91 before offers and coupons, so I basically got almost 50% off.

The girl on the till nearly didn't let me use the Tesco voucher and the competitor voucher together, she was about to explode when I asked to check with the supervisor - who said it was fine!

Happy Days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bump, and Lidl one in Sindo/ S world too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

vicwatson wrote: »
    Bump, and Lidl one in Sindo/ S world too

Thanks, you've just answered my previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Can you use these in dunnes too ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can you use these in dunnes too ?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Thanks - must be costing tesco a fortune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Zombie alert !!!!

Any idea if the aldi/lidl vouchers will be out again this year ?

When do they usually start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

pa990 wrote: »
    When do they usually start ?
    early december

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

so if you spend 50 they give you 10 back? or they give you 10 of your next shopping?

Bob Z wrote: »
    so if you spend 50 they give you 10 back? or they give you 10 of your next shopping?

They are usually in newpapers, buy 50+ worth and you get 10 off there and then, none of this next shop crap. Many people use them in tesco instead as they accept them.

The weeks aldi & lidl have these vouchers they are less likely to have amazing offers on at the same time. However in tescos they might be running really good offers so you hit them hard.

e.g. in a small amount of tescos you can currently get 24x500ml cans of guinness for €20 which is extremely cheap, so you could get 3 trays for €50, no way in hell you would get that in aldi or lidl the week they publish vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I'm beginning to wonder if Aldi & Lidl will actually do them this Christmas.....last year they did them in Aug/Sept for back to school - there was none this year. They'd nearly be out by now if they were doing them....

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

The vouchers were in the papers last year on the first Sunday in December & the following two Sundays also. So hopefully we will soon have them!!!

According to Twiter neither have plans to issue vouchers at the moment, could all change mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd expect at the very least they will be around Christmas week but if I was a gambling man I'd say weekend after next they will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

can you use them together one the one item?

Bob Z wrote: »
    can you use them together one the one item?

No, spend €50 get €10 off

• Advertisement

Any news on the vouchers. No looking good!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

With the lack of vouchers this year it's safe to say the recession is officially over!!

No vouchers tomorrow anyway. Are they giving them at all this year. Such a loss. I had a couple of lists ready!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There will be threads all over here if there are vouchers. There is nothing gained by asking or griping.

Sorry Moderator. Ill be more careful in future.

I'm not a moderator here.

I have a feeling that Tesco acceptance of vouchers has massively reduced the appeal to Lidl/Aldi of producing them. There are people here who I suspect work for Aldi due to how early we find out Super6 etc so if they are going to do them we'll likely be amongst the first to know.

L1011 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Tesco acceptance of vouchers has massively reduced the appeal to Lidl/Aldi of producing them.
    What is your thinking/logic behind this?

My theory was aldi/lidl love the fact tesco accept them, as they can really screw them over and plan to release them while tesco already have really good offers on. e.g. right now tesco have trays of beer going cheap, so if I was in charge of Aldi/lidl I would release now. It is rare to see very good offers in lidl/aldi when the vouchers are released for their own shops.

People in other threads claimed to work for tesco and said they were being hit really hard by the aldi/lidl vouchers.

If people go to tesco instead aldi/lidl might think its a loss in potential sales, but in the long run they could be forcing tesco to sell at a loss and so really screw them. When I use the vouchers in tesco I am sometimes 100% certain they are making a loss (e.g. buying spirits which are already certainly below cost, even if cost was free).

My really cheeky suggestion would be for aldi to realise 49euro off a shop of 50 euro for use on stephens day, when all aldi shops are closed but tesco are open! ;)

I have also asked & wondered about how it works with papers. I am guessing lidl/aldi might get the ads/coupons published for free, or are even possibly paid by the paper to carry them. I know its the only time I ever buy those rags, some people buy mulitple copies and I have seen them sold out.

Dunnes have the better idea, spend 50 euro and get 10 off your next shop in tesco or dunnes. Lots of people have certain products they only buy in dunnes or tesco, so could spend 50 in dunnes and use it in tesco, which might be of benefit to dunnes, depending on what they buy.

If your intent is to drive market share, pushing people to competitors does not achieve that intent.

L1011 wrote: »
    If your intent is to drive market share, pushing people to competitors does not achieve that intent.
    Who says that is their intent though? If it puts tesco out of business it should benefit them. Or if it severely severely reduces tescos profits, or in this case potentially increase their losses as they may not even break even -so is not just reducing profits.

Depends on what people are buying of course. In the tesco threads you will notice many peoples tesco vouchers prevent online purchases around this time. I figured this was to stop people buying up crates of beer, which are possibly sold at very little profit, or even at a loss, but are heavy and not attractive instore buys to many people.

My joke suggestion of 49 off a 50 euro spend is probably allowed to be done legally, and would totally screw over tesco. I do wonder if what they are doing is a more subtle version of this.

• Advertisement

Seeing as Tesco did not take them for some time, I doubt damaging Tesco was the plan to begin with.

Advertisement