Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

looking for some advise please.

• 21-10-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So ive been a reader here for a while. I'm in my 30s . Weekend binger. Never drink during the week.....anyway I decided I wasnt going to drink for a month. Which I did then sat I ended up out and had a few sunday too.

My problem is I dont feel the need to drink ..its when I actually do drink its the amount and I dont know when to stop. Im not sure what kind of advice im looking for ...but I guess I know how much better I am as a person when I dont drink....full of life and motivation....I do get the drink depression for days after which is awlful.

I have a lot of hobbies and I do spend my spare time doing them but after a few weeks I feel a bit lonely and socially isolated. ...which then I use for an excuse to go and get drunk.

I have good paying job and is stressful at times.which again is another little excuse for me to drink ..im not from the place I work but living here a year now and do find it hard to meet people without having a drink in hand.

....so some up id have decided I truly have to stop drinking as I cant control it when I do ...I will end up in seriously bad health or worse so I guess I just needed some where to vent as I dont have anyone I cant say all this to. I have just had enough of destroying the person I am I would like to hear anyone who is in a similar situation or any advise would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

Same situation myself. It's a botch to give up but best of luck with it and you definitely will be lot happier without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

Have a read around at post on this forum particularly at the start of threads where some advice about making a plan and coping mechanism s. Again fair play and best of luck

Advertisement