Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Aid UNV Youth Volunteer Programme 2015

Options
  • 04-10-2014 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone applied for the Irish Aid sponsored UNV programme this year and has heard back about their application? The interviews are supposed to happen in mid-October, so I just wanted to know whether I could cross this off my list for this year or are they still contacting people. I know it's pretty competitive but I was particularly interested in one of the positions and thought I might be a good fit, so hoped I would at least get an interview. It would be nice to get closure either way!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Gerry Hat Trick

If you don't have an email contact from the application process, go to the "contact us" link on the Irish Aid website and I imagine you will get a response in 1-2 days. Best of luck with it in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 5 magikalmeon

Vespert1ne, I'm also waiting, I got a mail from Bonn from just after submission to say that I had passed a first round of eligibility checks, but yet to hear anything since. Did you try contact IrishAid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vespert1ne

Magicalmeon, unfortunately I haven't even heard anything regarding eligibility checks. The only thing I've received since submission was that e-mail giving me my roster number. So that can't be a good sign really! I sent a message to Irish Aid at the weekend to see if they had any updates and will let you know when/if I get a response!

They've just relaunched the call for the Thailand and Mozambique positions. Deadline extended until Oct 18 so I'm guessing we won't hear anything until next week at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vespert1ne

Yeah, I noticed that! I presume it means they've already shortlisted for the other 8 positions?

• Advertisement

Possibly, but not necessarily. I tried to contact both IrishAid and the UNV HQ in Bonn. No news yet from the black box...

Interview invitations are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 M1tch786

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has done their interviews yet? If so, were they done with the Bonn office or the relevant field office? And what was the general format this year - general questions on competencies, technical questions related to the specific context, a mixture of both, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, it was with the Bonn office, and very much competency-based....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 M1tch786

Hey magikalmeon, thanks for your reply. I have one coming up so that's useful to know.

Cheers, and best of luck with yours!

• Advertisement
Advertisement