Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have one free night.....

Options
  • 30-09-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

The missus is off to some concert thing in Dublin on Friday so I have a free night to do a bit of gaming.

Any recommendations for a game maybe 6 - 8 hours long? I'm into adventure/shooting/puzzle type games. Like the Batman series and also games like Bulletstorm, left 4 dead, max payne, panzer dragoon etc

I have a 360, xbox and a saturn

All suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'd go for Vanquish if it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

walking dead season 1/2 and the wolf among us. not that fast paced but you could blow through them in a couple of hours and the plots are fantastic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Murdered Soul Suspect takes about 8 hours to complete. I enjoyed it but might not be your cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭colmufc

walking dead season 1/2 and the wolf among us. not that fast paced but you could blow through them in a couple of hours and the plots are fantastic

+1 for the walking dead ,it's compelling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bioshock 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Watched the walkthroughs of the walking dead on youtube one day when I was bored.

Vanquish looks pretty good, will pop into gamestop/cdex to see if I can pick up a cheap copy

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Metal Gear Rising is worth a look if you can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

In 8 hours you could probably fit in Limbo and Braid. Both great games. I got lost in Limbo.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    In 8 hours you could probably fit in Limbo and Braid. Both great games. I got lost in Limbo.

Played and finished Limbo, loved it. Also played a demo of Braid twas only alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played and finished Limbo, loved it. Also played a demo of Braid twas only alright

Try Brothers or Guacamelee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Thomas was alone is another similar game that you could finish in one sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

You have a saturn, amazing. I remember playing a game on that called exhumed and loved it. A great machine in its day

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    You have a saturn, amazing. I remember playing a game on that called exhumed and loved it. A great machine in its day

What a game Exhumed was. I remember getting the first level on a Demo free with one of the PlayStation magazines and playing it repeatedly until I had enough to buy the game.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Exhumed was top shelf.

I have Shining Force 3 for it. Might be worth having a bash off that for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

The missus is off to some concert thing in Dublin on Friday so I have a free night to do a bit of gaming.

Any recommendations for a game maybe 6 - 8 hours long? I'm into adventure/shooting/puzzle type games. Like the Batman series and also games like Bulletstorm, left 4 dead, max payne, panzer dragoon etc

I have a 360, xbox and a saturn

All suggestions appreciated

What happens after those 8 hours? Does she hide your controller?

Play Red Dead on the 360 if you're not before.

grizzly wrote: »

Thats what I was thinking :pac:

*car noises coming up the road, rustling at the blinds, desperately unplugging the console are storing it back in the attic, "oh god i hope she doesn't find out" *

:p

grizzly wrote: »

Play Red Dead on the 360 if you're not before.

She takes my balls back. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

She takes my balls back. :D

Well you need to break the hold man, get some FIFA playing hookers over, a bag of coke and party like there is no tomorrow. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

I echo the above with regards The Walking Dead Season 1, 400 days, and Season 2.

You will not be disappointed.

One of the most compelling storyline's I've ever played.

A masterpiece to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Well you need to break the hold man, get some FIFA playing hookers over, a bag of coke and party like there is no tomorrow. :P

because if you do that, then there won't be :P

also +1 for Vanquish

• Advertisement

Found a second hand copy of Vanquish in Gamestop for 10 yoyos.

Friday night is sorted

Happy days, it's a fun little game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Condemned would be my recommendation.

It is an absolutely fantastic survival horror game. Tense action, small amount of puzzles so might suit you.

Turn the lights off and sound up high for maximum effect.

One of my favourite games of last gen. Cant remember how long it was but cant have been more than 8 hours or so.

If your looking for a good online shooter for 8 hours I'd recommend Halo 4. I know it wasnt developed by bungie but imo it was still a fantastic online shooter. I lost a LOT of hours to it.

Halo 3 also amazing. I saw it for a fiver in Tesco recently. So many cheap games on the 360 now at this stage.

You bring up a good topic as well. With soooo much choice out there for gamers where do you start?

Ive recently got my 360 and ps2 backlogs down to only games I REALLY want to play at some point but thats still buckets of games.

Then you still pick up new games. Destiny being my latest. Sure then Bayonetta 2 is coming as is Smash Bros for example.

Where do you begin?! First world problems I suppose. :o

Condemned would be my recommendation.

It is an absolutely fantastic survival horror game. Tense action, small amount of puzzles so might suit you.

Turn the lights off and sound up high for maximum effect.

One of my favourite games of last gen. Cant remember how long it was but cant have been more than 8 hours or so.

If your looking for a good online shooter for 8 hours I'd recommend Halo 4. I know it wasnt developed by bungie but imo it was still a fantastic online shooter. I lost a LOT of hours to it.

Halo 3 also amazing. I saw it for a fiver in Tesco recently. So many cheap games on the 360 now at this stage.

You bring up a good topic as well. With soooo much choice out there for gamers where do you start?

Ive recently got my 360 and ps2 backlogs down to only games I REALLY want to play at some point but thats still buckets of games.

Then you still pick up new games. Destiny being my latest. Sure then Bayonetta 2 is coming as is Smash Bros for example.

Where do you begin?! First world problems I suppose. :o

Have seen condemned around as well. Might pick up that too

Jaysus lads, took Vanquish for a quick spin last night, tis a manic game.

Cant wait to get into it properly tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

If you have any interest in middle earth or just like games like assassins creed and the new batman games Id take a look at Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Can be finished in that time if you stick to story missions and I personally love it.

+ It seems to be getting great reviews from everyone.

Jaysus lads, took Vanquish for a quick spin last night, tis a manic game.

Cant wait to get into it properly tonight

I'm telling your wife :)

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm telling your wife :)

Quiet you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

You should spend the time packing all your stuff in a bag and getting as far away from that miserable bitch as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Felexicon wrote: »
    You should spend the time packing all your stuff in a bag and getting as far away from that miserable bitch as you can.

Ah here that's the funniest post I have ever seen. Thank you sir THANK YOU!

Edit.... Ever seen may be an over statement but seriously funny all the same.

Genuinely lol'd as the kids would say.

Advertisement