Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

efibre-daily loss of service

• 16-09-2014 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

signed up for standalone broadband in february and after some teething problems were happy with the service. early august saw the service disappear completely every evening. call to tech support resulted in the issue of a fresh router. This however did not solve the problem and a technician was duly despatched, however as he attended during business hours the problem wasnt manifest.
    being conscious of possible interference sources i replaced a socket and pattress box i had replaced around the time the broadband problem emerged. i also unplugged a new washing machine as a means of elimination with no great confidence doing so as the service works fine during the day when the washing machine is often operating. another technician who attended suggested a problem with static as the cause of wifi interference- a search on google rubbishes this, indicating that solid items such as walls are the problem- in any event the wifi performs fine in the morning and afternoon
    i unplugged the microwave
    ive had the esb check the supply to the house
    ive had an electrician confirm that earths and circuit board are operating as they should.
    yesterday when service failed i immediately called to neighbours on either side to see if any transmitter had been activated which might explain interference- negative 
    my immediate neighbour (detached houses) has vodafone efibre and does not experience any issue
    last wednesday i borrowed a neighbours efibre router and connected laptop, they worked fine in my socket when mine would not perform- another call to tech support saw another router issued, fitted friday and worked fine for 48 hours
    another call to tech support this evening saw the operative change some settings, service lasted a few minutes. he kindly undertook to call back at 8pm, i myself logged into the router again and also changed the channel, and again the service lasted a few minutes
    if i switch off wifi i can access broadband via ethernet, however this is manifestly unsatisfactory and i do not feel my situation is being addressed with any great degree of interest- suggestions include changing to a 5ghz router or 5ghz bridge but im hoping to be able to resume the service i previously enjoyed without more expense- would this avoid interference from for example an av sender or whatever is causing the problem?
    any suggestions gratefully accepted!  

Advertisement