Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Wimax and DDNS

Options
  • 15-09-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Folks,

I use imagine wimax in Delgany and have an asus AC66U which I am trying to set up with Dynamic DNS so I can access the cloud disk and VPN features.

When attempting to do the setup it states I am behind multiple NAT so it wont work (I am assuming that in this case the multiple NAT is because the wimax antenna is itself a router?)

What is the best way to configure the router to enable DDNS? port forwarding or putting it in DMZ mode and exposing a host?

Thanks!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Depends on the imagine network structure. If they're using CGN to share one IP between several users then you can't do jack unless theyll lease you your own public. I suspect they may keep you on a private intentionally as it doesnt allow port forwarding and inbound initiated connections and stops people hammering their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

The WiMAX modem does NAT, and there's no way to turn it off. (No sinister CGN stuff as ED_E seems to theorise)

Disable DHCP on your Asus, give it a static IP in the same range as the WiMAX modem, and connect it to the WiMAX modem on a LAN port (LAN port both sides, not WAN).

Call Imagine to get details on how to set up the portforwards on the modem itself.

Advertisement