Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tropico 5 (PS4, PC, Xbox 360) October 1st

Options
  • 07-09-2014 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

“We are delighted to be able to work with Sony to bring Tropico 5 to PlayStation 4 and enter the next generation market.” said Andrew Johnson, Managing Director of Kalypso Media UK. “The PlayStation 4 version of Tropico 5 will expand the Tropico brand to the new generation hardware and to a new generation of gamers.”

Stefan Marcinek, Global Managing Director, Kalypso Media revealed that they will be using the console’s full capabilities.

‘We have been evaluating many new and exciting development opportunities for the Tropico brand and by bringing Tropico 5 to PlayStation 4 we open a new chapter in the history of the game. By taking full advantage of the PlayStation 4’s processing power the island of Tropico and El Presidente have never looked better.’

Source: http://gamingbolt.com/tropico-5-to-release-on-ps4-will-take-full-advantage-of-the-consoles-processing-power

Tropico 5 is scheduled for release in October 1st on PS4 and November 11th on Xbox 360.

This is a great strategy game that I enjoyed playing it's predecessor on the 360. Delighted they have made the sequel for the PS4 so I can play a next gen version!

Anyone else like this underrated series and plan on getting it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I don't think its underrated, I think its rating suits it, found the game boring, music very repetitive (to the point my ears were bleeding :L). The eco system was complicated and confusing, the "hud" if you call it that, was awful.

Just my opinion of course, but I didn't like it, thought a console version made the game worse then what it was.

Don't get me wrong, the idea behind the game is great, but the execution sucked imo, if they can add a decent variety of music, make the whole eco system more user friendly and find a way of making all the menus less complicated to find things, I'd happily buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I don't think its underrated, I think its rating suits it, found the game boring, music very repetitive (to the point my ears were bleeding :L). The eco system was complicated and confusing, the "hud" if you call it that, was awful.

Just my opinion of course, but I didn't like it, thought a console version made the game worse then what it was.

Don't get me wrong, the idea behind the game is great, but the execution sucked imo, if they can add a decent variety of music, make the whole eco system more user friendly and find a way of making all the menus less complicated to find things, I'd happily buy it.

Fully respect your opinion. I've only ever played one other strategy game properly so maybe my expectations are a lot lower than regular strategists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Fully respect your opinion. I've only ever played one other strategy game properly so maybe my expectations are a lot lower than regular strategists.

if you enjoyed the game before I'd call you the strategist :D as you were able to understand it better then me haha I love games like this but they just need to be executed right for it to hold my attention.
    Theirs plenty of people who absolutely love it though.
    The last tropico I played was number 3, so maybe in number 4 they improved it alot better? I never tryed it because number 3 turned me off it. So if I'm wrong and they already did improve it I will welcome number 5 into my collection no problem :D

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    if you enjoyed the game before I'd call you the strategist :D as you were able to understand it better then me haha I love games like this but they just need to be executed right for it to hold my attention.
    Theirs plenty of people who absolutely love it though.
    The last tropico I played was number 3, so maybe in number 4 they improved it alot better? I never tryed it because number 3 turned me off it. So if I'm wrong and they already did improve it I will welcome number 5 into my collection no problem :D

I only ever played number 4 so don't ask me :D Played age of mythology on the pc and loved it but never played anything else. Yeah it's better on the pc but honestly the 360 was grand for tropico 4. Tropico 5 should be good on the PS4 too.

Yah it does have it's limitations but seeing as I've not played higher rated strategy games they prob bother me less than most. For example the exploring mechanic in this game bugs me because if you miss a tiny little spot on the map it won't let you build over it so you have to go out and explore it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I really liked Tropico 4 to kill a few hours here and there, and I actually really liked the music haha.

However I played it on PC, I'm not a fan of these types on games on console unfortunately. Will prob get it on PC eventually if there's a huge difference from 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tropico was always fun in small doses but never captured my attention for very long.

people looking for a similar experience would be wise to investigate Anno 2070

Overheal wrote: »
    tropico was always fun in small doses but never captured my attention for very long.

people looking for a similar experience would be wise to investigate Anno 2070

did a google search and that looks good. might try it out. are they making a sequel or was it a once off game?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's a great game and one of a kind for the console tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    did a google search and that looks good. might try it out. are they making a sequel or was it a once off game?

It's actually part of a series of Anno games, i think there are 3 or 4 other main entires, Anno 2070 is class though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

2070 is the best in the series

• Advertisement
Advertisement