Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any Splinter Cell fans give me some advice?

Options
  • 04-09-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hello,

Big fan of the Meal Gear series here, but now I'd like to try out some other stealth based games. The Splinter cell series looks particularly good to me but I'm tight on money so I'm not really planning to play every single one of them chronologically and I'm having trouble deciding one game.
    Blacklist looks pretty amazing, but I get the impression that Chaos Theory is often thought to be the best? Can anyone recommend me a game for somebody starting this series?

Many Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was like you and have played 5 of them in the last couple of years and for me the best was the first and Chaos Theory, the only one I haven't played is Pandora Tomorrow because I couldn't get it to install but would love to as the earlier games are much better than the newer ones

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Chaos Theory is probably my favourite of the series but Blacklist was a much welcome return to the stealth side of SC compared to Conviction which felt more like an action packed third person shooter than a stealth game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The best thing to do would be to pick up the HD Collection on one of the last gen consoles. Here it is:

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=splinter+cell+hd&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts

It includes the original, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory.

I'm playing through Blacklist on the Wii U at the moment and really enjoying it. The originals are considered the more 'pure' experience though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I really liked the first one back in the day but Chaos Theory is probably the best in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Chaos Theory is my favourite of the series. I loved Conviction when it came out, but don't think it's aged particularly well. Chaos Theory also has an excellent soundtrack by Amon Tobin. Loved Blacklist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Pac1Man wrote: »
    The best thing to do would be to pick up the HD Collection on one of the last gen consoles. Here it is:

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=splinter+cell+hd&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts

It includes the original, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory.

I'm playing through Blacklist on the Wii U at the moment and really enjoying it. The originals are considered the more 'pure' experience though.

I definitely agree.
    The originals were much harder with regards to stealth and sneaking...so were better for that experience.
    In the new games...although a lot of fun and really enjoyable....your sometimes handfed everything. It doesn't need up close sneaking and stealth skills in comparison with the older ones. They're more action games.

Advertisement