Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's The Worst Pain You've Ever Experienced?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

Nib wrote: »
    Kindly fuck off.

ok miss sue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

MS.ing wrote: »
    that time I died :(

Shame :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I had a tooth pulled by a barbaric bastard dentist when I was 12.
    there was a huge abcess on the gum, not enough anesthetic, I screamed the place down.
    Never ever forget it. Still petrified of dentists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It can be peaceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Poured a kettle full of boiling water on my finger once.

Making a hot whiskey and there was a hole in the glass (no, not that hole).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Oh yeah... well I once died of death... with no painkiller!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

MS.ing banned for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭con___manx1

My mother dropped a pot of tea on my legs when I was a child. When I was taking my pance off the skin came off with it. It was very painful and I had scarring for a few years but luckily it vanished as got older.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

Tooth ache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Stubbing a toe against a Lego plug casually chilling there. Nearly fainted from the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Having pnuemonia and pluerisy at the one time. I never knew trying to breathe could hurt so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Deank wrote: »
    Ah fúck off with your pain tolerance, I nearly passed out reading that, the puff with the kidney stones needs to man up.

Oral Mucositis is also horrific! But they do start the morphine as soon as you have symptoms of it so not too bad. But even with continuous morphine through iv, an oral morphine solution and top ups of morphine with a needle, you can still feel the pain.

I pity anyone that's went through it with no morphine!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I was going to say the time I had to get a taxi with virtually no suspension home from hospital after having a suspected tumour removed from my testicle, but it was actually the time my orthodontist decided the "cement" she was using to attach my train track braces was not setting quick enough and she thought holding a hair dryer 1cm from my gums would be a good idea! God I hated that ****ing bitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

DVT induced cramp several hours into an Emirates flight from Dubai to Kuala Lumpur onboard their terrible Boeing 777's which have the worst legroom and these annoying IFE boxes under the seats to further restrict leg room. Anyway the pain which struck me was possibly the worst ever and also the fright of it, I was alone and thought I'd pass out with pain. Eventually after staying standing about half an hour it went and I was glad.

I will never forget that for the pain and lenght of cramp pain. Haven't flown on Emirates or a 10 a breast Boeing 777 on long haul since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Broke my finger over the summer and had a few bursted blood vessels as well.

My own doctor couldn't give a referral to the private hospital so I had to go to a different one.

Must have been waiting in A&E for about 4 to 5 hours!

The pain of it... And the colour! Sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Come to think of it I have had a lot of painful things happen me! Came home from swimming one night after forgetting underwear when I had a nice cup of tea. My missus decides to knock into me resulting in me pouring hot tea all over my crotch area. I only felt the pain for a second as it was the fastest I have ever had my bottoms off!

handbagmad wrote: »
    I had a tooth pulled by a barbaric bastard dentist when I was 12.
    there was a huge abcess on the gum, not enough anesthetic, I screamed the place down.
    Never ever forget it. Still petrified of dentists.
    I had a dentist like that, but he didn't use any anaesthetic at all when drilling!
    Worst thing was that he didn't even need to drill at all, it was back when the NHS paid dentists by the filling, so the cúnt made sure he "found" cavities that needed filling! :mad:

I've spent the last 40 years getting the damage put right and lost a few teeth in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Dowl88 wrote: »
    Whats worse getting kicked in the balls or giving birth?

You don't see men going back for a second kick in the balls!

Definitely a kick in the balls, it's the equivalent pain to breaking 3000 bones at once :D

My worst ever was strep throat. Literally thought I was going to die from it. I could barely breathe and even swallowing water was like somebody stabbing me repeatedly in the throat with a hot knife. Definitely not something I want to ever experience again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

El Guapo! wrote: »
    MS.ing banned for a couple of days.

Suddenly the worst headache I've ever experiences has subsided :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Shingles when I was 12, supposed to last a week or two but were had them for about 2 months, still scarred from them. Its horrendous nerve pain, imagine toothache all over your back , shoulders and stomach

Also gallstones,think one possibly blocked a bile duct. It felt like death, worst pain in my life, ten times worse than shingles which lasted for hours. I genuinely was saying my goodbyes as knew something was seriously awry, left my house to go myself to hospital a&e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

-Broken eye socket

-Calf muscle tear

-Broken knuckles

-Broken nose

-Numerous testicle injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

DazMarz wrote: »
    -Broken eye socket

-Calf muscle tear

-Broken knuckles

-Broken nose

-Numerous testicle injuries

Mmmm lesson number one should have prevent a numerous.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I want to say having appendicitis, decided it was a pulled muscle in my stomach until 3 days later when i couldnt manage to walk down the stairs, A&E for a few hours eventually saw a doc who was testing for it barely put her hands on me and i could feel the pain. Op that night, it exploded while they were trying to get it... though id say the worst part of the whole thing was trying to sit up from lying down the morning after the op, it was impossible as you use all the muscles in the stomach area to get up....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had a really bad ear infection that wouldn't clear. My eardrums were leaking fluid and I couldn't eat or move my head for over a week as every time I moved my jaw the agony was just too much to bear. That was when I was about 13 and I'll never forget just how awful it was.

I feel so sorry for people who suffer from chronic pain. Couldn't think of anything worse.

I'll call ear infection too. Had it for a week. Your whole head is just in agony. Barely had any sleep. It was the only time I ever gone to doctor in 16 years. Stupid thing that you can't get antibiotics in pharmacy without a prescription from doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dry socket after getting a tooth out.
    Kick in the rocks was the worst short term pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Ripped a few Stitches a few hours after getting the wisdom teeth out, decided to have salt and vinegar taytos later that day... ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Dislocated my kneecap and tore a Meniscus cartilage at the same time, then had to walk about 100m to the car and drive home.

Dirty one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I suffered with juvenile arthritis in both my legs around 13-14 years ago (not both legs at the same time). Agonising, as you can imagine, not helped by people looking as I'd be limping along. It's been well under control for the past few years, however :)

I've also suffered from a week long kidney infection, which was rather painful as well. Quite an unpleasant week, from what I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

131spanner wrote: »
    Dislocated my kneecap and tore a Meniscus cartilage at the same time, then had to walk about 100m to the car and drive home.
    Brother dislocated his kneecap, it just popped off out to one side when he was stooping. Starting laughing cuz of the pain of it:confused:, (his words), he pushed it back over and it was grand a few days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I already created a thread about this!

Gallstones. Close thread.

Advertisement