Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's The Worst Pain You've Ever Experienced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

BDJW wrote: »
    Cutting my eyeball was the most painful thing that's ever happened!
    That's the most painful thing I've ever read.

How did you manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The day I decided to fist myself without lube…

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

whirlpool wrote: »
    Jesus you've had it bad!

Hasn't been a pretty year! Lots of painkillers helped a little!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I hate to say the obvious, but childbirth. :D
    !

Seconded!! I was drained watching my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I read the book about the Richardson Gang from London. Of all the methods of torture, sticking your fingers in to somebody eyes is the most painful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

Deranged96 wrote: »
    I was helping my dad unload bullocks an animal from an cattle box animal enclosure a few years ago, and we were using a gate at the left side of the trailer to prevent the bullocks animal from going back behind the trailer.
    When what i thought was the last bullock animal had gone i swung the gate back around only to have another bullock animal leap out of the box and tackle the gate, throwing me to the wall and then wedging me between the gate and the wall with the animal applying pressure.

many bruised ribs, much pain

translation courtesy of google translate: farmer speak to english

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

MS.ing wrote: »
    a pilot dropping the plane too fast on approach.

felt like someone stuck razors in my ear drumms for about 15 minutes :(

the utter cnut :mad:

Be more painful if the plane crashed.

Yeah, because only a farmer knows what a bullock is.

Are you 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I had a very bad bout of tonsillitis once too. So swollen that it blocked all my breathing with a 41°C temp. I have always had problems with swollen glands and swollen tonsils but there was nothing like this, it was like slow suffocation.
    Also had appendicitis, that hurt like fxck, horrible fever and horrific pain.

And of course cramps, getting them so bad you're stuck in the one spot is the worst and mine always go down my legs and just kill all mobility in them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Lego. The pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The heartache I felt when I read about your painful toothache :(

My heart literally ached

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I hate to say the obvious, but childbirth. :D

I only gave birth 10 weeks ago so it's pretty fresh in my mind! It's such an unusual overwhelming pain that builds and builds and then ebbs away to nothing until you have 60 seconds of feeling completely normal waiting for it to come back. But at it's height it feels like you're splitting in two down there! I have a good threshold for pain but I was clinging to the bed screaming like a banshee for parts of it:o I have to say though, out of all the terrible pain you could have, experiencing it for a positive reason makes it less scary and horrible so in that sense it's easier to go through and the second it's over and you have your baby, you'd do it again in a heartbeat!

sounds like an average sex session involving my foreskin being rolled back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Severe piriformis spasm causing extremely bad sciatica. The slighest movement and my leg would feel like it had been crushed. Couldn't walk and even got chills. Only lasts an hour anytime it happens and it's rare enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Having surgical wounds packed every day, then every other day for weeks. The first dressing change is the worst. By 'packed' I mean that post surgery they pack a lot of stuff into the wound. That all has to be pulled out slowly to be changed, you feel it agonisingly coming out. Then, they poke fresh stuff into the raw deep wound using a tweezers.

It really really really is as bad as it sounds. The last one I had done was so bad I screamed all the way through it, and I've had a lot of experience with chronic acute pain and surgery so I have a very high pain threshold. The nurses knew it was going to be bad so they'd requested the surgeon come down to authorise a nerve block before they did the dressing change, he was too busy apparently. They made a formal complaint about him for it anyway. That was in the Uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nib wrote: »
    That's the most painful thing I've ever read.

How did you manage that?

Was playing rugby, went to tackle a guy, he went to hand me off and his finger went straight into my eye. His fingernail cut the eyeball, you could actually see the shape of his fingernail in my eyeball!

Yeah, because only a farmer knows what a bullock is.

Are you 5?

im not the one crying about having a tooth ache for three days 3 hours

Anyone suffer from migraines?

My best mate does. I remember him driving us to a football match one day and he turns to me a says he's pulling over. He stopped the car, let back his seat and told me to give him around 20 minutes. He lay there in agony. I felt so helpless, he told me there was nothing I could do. Genuinely felt bad for him. He gets them on average once a week. Poor fecker.

Anyone suffer from migraines?

My best mate does. I remember him driving us to a football match one day and he turns to me a says he's pulling over. He stopped the car, let back his seat and told me to give him around 20 minutes. He lay there in agony. I felt so helpless, he told me there was nothing I could do. Genuinely felt bad for him. He gets them on average once a week. Poor fecker.

does his wife only ring him once a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭whats_my_name

1) Gallstones - didn't know what they were for 2 years so complete & utter panic every time an attack came on, usually once a month.

2) cant decide between torn ACL, PCL, MCL & meniscus & the prehab that followed or chronic sinitus.

4) Childbirth

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

1) Gallstones - didn't know what they were for 2 years so complete & utter panic every time an attack came on, usually once a month.

2) cant decide between torn ACL, PCL, MCL & meniscus & the prehab that followed or chronic sinitus.

4) Childbirth

The last was so awful you forgot how to count? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Luke92 wrote: »
    Bone marrow test (its just a pain you have never felt before). Or the days after a lumbar puncture. Nothing gets rid of that head ache :(

Or having an extremely bad kidney/bladder infection with a bleed on the bladder. Which results in having to pass blood clots through a highly irrated urethra. Oh god my poor penis hasn't been the same since!

Ah fúck off with your pain tolerance, I nearly passed out reading that, the puff with the kidney stones needs to man up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Getting a pole to the face and breaking my nose was fairly sore.

I think when I done my neck in fairly badly was the worst. Couldn't do anything. You'd be surprised how much you rely on your neck throughout the day. :pac:

sounds like an abcess, I had one a few years ago, don't think anything has even come close to being as bad.

it is in its ****e an abcess! when you have an abcess it goes on till the dentist does something about it, not stops after a measly 3hrs, what the op had was a sugar irritation from an overload of sweets, not even beginning to be close to scratching the arse of the same league my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭whats_my_name

Deranged96 wrote: »
    The last was so awful you forgot how to count? :p

Now now smart ass...whatever one is number 2 the next one is number 3 therefore making childbirth number 4 :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The pain in my heart....

when boards wouldn't load up

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Getting a pole to the face and breaking my nose was fairly sore.

I think when I done my neck in fairly badly was the worst. Couldn't do anything. You'd be surprised how much you rely on your neck throughout the day. :pac:

Yup keeps you nice, honest and upright ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Constipation for a week and then doing a ****e the width of a pringles can.

so you had a toothache for a whole 3 1/2 hours :eek:

jesus wept :rolleyes: pussy, youve clearly had some sheltered life
    sounds like an average sex session involving my foreskin being rolled back :rolleyes:
    im not the one crying about having a tooth ache for three days 3 hours
    does his wife only ring him once a week?
    it is in its ****e an abcess! when you have an abcess it goes on till the dentist does something about it, not stops after a measly 3hrs, what the op had was a sugar irritation from an overload of sweets, not even beginning to be close to scratching the arse of the same league my friend ;)
    Kindly fuck off.

that time I died :(

• Advertisement

Dowl88 wrote: »
    Constipation for a week and then doing a ****e the width of a pringles can.

/Thread.

We've got a winner.

Advertisement