Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genesis P- Orridge.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

xzanti wrote: »
    Moved from Celebs & Showbiz.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I don't think any band in history has ever trolled the music industry and music fans as much as Throbbing Gristle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Genesis P-Orridge has died at 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Genesis P-Orridge has died at 70.

‘Have’ died surely?

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    ‘Have’ died surely?

Ehm, yeah, I guess so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

who is he can you post some music by him/them?

who is he can you post some music by him/them?

Don't say you weren't warned.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Ah Jesus why don't you just cut the soft $hit and go straight for the throat :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Cheers for the vids,an interesting character for sure

Was he a paedophile? Quite a few accounts on social media alleging he was, admittedly some of them come from unreliable sources.

He wasn't a paedophile but he got into a lot of trouble for some of the artwork. The artists collective he was part of called COUM Transmissions that led into Throbbing Gristle used fairly harmless innocuous photos of children and made them part of wider more inappropriate/disturbing collages. I'm not going to post any links here, but that's where those rumours originate from.

Some of their performances involved Gen being tied to a cross and whipped and urinated on by Cosi, a female member of COUM and TG who was also what I guess we would call a sex worker for her day job. They only went this extreme at shows in Holland, you'd still get arrested for it in England back in those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Love + radio podcast rebroadcast their fantastic interview with Genesis from 2013. A really great listen.

https://traffic.megaphone.fm/LM5121964317.mp3

This is absolutely painfully slow to get started, but if you're prepared to sit through the noise and wait, it's utterly beautiful and totally hypnotic. It might sound like noise to most people but if you actually watch them in action the amount of rehearsal and time/eye coordination required is way more than any commercial pop group, even if the final result is, well, this!

Maybe it's just me, but I could listen to this on loop all day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭bullpost

kajagoogoo it aint :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Was he a paedophile? Quite a few accounts on social media alleging he was, admittedly some of them come from unreliable sources.

NO. He was NOT.
    Gen and I were good friends before he moved to the States
    Spent a lot of time in his house in London and Brighton.
    Knew his daughters as children.
    I never hesitated leaving my then young son alone with GPO.

Gen and I had a huge argument and didn't speak for 25 years but I'll say this to you - Social media and their lies can F off :mad:

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    NO. He was NOT.

I'll say this to you - Social media and their lies can F off :mad:

He does a lot to explain the background to it here, a lot of the so called "evidence" against him by the likes of Channel 4 turned out to have been produced by Channel 4 in the first place :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

He does a lot to explain the background to it here, a lot of the so called "evidence" against him by the likes of Channel 4 turned out to have been produced by Channel 4 in the first place :rolleyes:

I was around when the Dispatches programme aired. Gen was frantically asking everyone if we knew the person making the claims.
    No one did.
    It was a complete hatchet job.

Now, as I said, Gen and I had a major falling out shortly after that - for completely different reasons, and I often thought he was bit of an asshat.
    He had many faults, but he was no child abuser.

Some years earlier the same allegations were made against Sleazy- who was indeed sleazy, but with consenting adults.

Oh, wow, there's a big surprise for you! :rolleyes: British media making up lies on a slow news day, who'd have thunk it, do you think these devils might have conned us in to anything else? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement