Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's begun again!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

M&S had lovely chocolate orange Christmas trees last year. So good. It would be wrong not to eat them all while they're around.

M'obesity here I come, ho ho ho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Tesco clarehall started loading their shelves yesterday with biscuits & chocolate santas
    :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

delw wrote: »
    Tesco clarehall started loading their shelves yesterday with biscuits & chocolate santas
    :D

Haha that's my local Tesco's too. The weekly shop this week might be interesting haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Last Christmas we had nearly all our time of sweats, biscuits, chocolates, etc bought for ourselves and friends/family. We really stock up on them we even buy extra tins for Easter. We had all of these stocked up by the middle of November and we saved a lot because they had them in stock early and we were able to buy something if there was money left or we made an effort to buy them. My cousins uset have the problem of the kids getting excited in the supermarket before with Christmas/Halloween stuff so she used avoid those isles if she brought the kids shopping.
    The minute Christmas is over you begin to see ads for Summer holidays/sun screen and summer clothes in the shops and nobody writes comments such as its bl##dy December on social media/boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Didn't penneys in city centre used to have a Christmas shop upstairs that ran all year round?

They certainly did, remember it well. I rarely venture into town with the wife much, but when we went in a couple of years ago it was gone. I was sorry to see that little bit of year round Christmas cheer gone.
    Was the shop not downstairs in the shop though?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The one on O'Connell Street used to be downstairs anyway, if I recall correctly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    M'obesity here I come, ho ho ho!

I've started early this year. Terry's Chocolate Orange minis with snow on the front of the pack!

Yea I had a packet of cadburys snow bites on the weekend watching xfactor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Last year's tin was 850g down from 975g :(

If it's less than 850g I give up, I remember the good old days of 1kg tins!

well Im afraid you may give up so. The roses tins (well plastic now, not tins!) are 753g this year, smaller and smaller they get....:(

snowgal wrote: »
    well Im afraid you may give up so. The roses tins (well plastic now, not tins!) are 753g this year, smaller and smaller they get....:(

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057280576/2/#post92113973

Yea I spotted that too :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The 'order your sofa now and get it in time for Christmas' ads have started. \o/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The roses tins (well plastic now, not tins!)

The plastic ones really annoy me! I usually keep tins because they're handy for giving people baked goods in, but I pretty much never get the tins back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

ONLY A HUNDRED DAYS TO GO FOLKS!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Penneys have Christmas jumpers in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Just buy 2 tins, problem solved lol.

I have started buying presents already, as a single mum I find it makes Christmas so much easier todo this so I start straight after my son's birthday in August. I have one of his main presents and some of the smaller ones already.

The sweets etc though last year when I bought early we kept opening them and having to replace which cost more in the long run so this year my sister is going to stash them all in her room as we buy them. She isn't the weak 'give in to temptation' type lol.

I saw the jumpers in Penneys they're quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Posy wrote: »
    Penneys have Christmas jumpers in! :D

Pennys have jumpers in no way!! anything else?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I must go in and have a nose at this year's Christmas jumpers! They usually sell out before Christmas, don't they? I don't know about last year, but the year before they definitely did

Scarinae wrote: »
    I must go in and have a nose at this year's Christmas jumpers! They usually sell out before Christmas, don't they? I don't know about last year, but the year before they definitely did

They tend to sell out very early. I remember some friends leaving it late to get some a week before Christmas and the only ones they could get were for €60. Every other one was long gone.

I just got an e-mail from Living Social today they are selling Christmas Jumpers for €15 RRP is €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

I was in pennys today, so excited to see all the christmas jumpers. They were putting some of there christmas stock out.
    I just love when all the Christmas things are in the shops (even if it is September)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I just got an e-mail from Living Social today they are selling Christmas Jumpers for €15 RRP is €50.

Have you got a picture of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

washiskin wrote: »
    Have you got a picture of them?

I take it, these are the one's
    https://m.livingsocial.com/deals/1260842-unisex-christmas-jumper-in-choice-of-styles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Penneys have Christmas door mats for 3euro was so tempted!!

Advertisement