Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - CAPTAINS DAY 20th September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Excitement building now alright...in the final group, but a little too far out to be in the real mix. September swing changes were not a good idea!!

Will keep the 3 bandits honest though :D

I assume there is a practice range out there to hit a few warm up balls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Excitement building now alright...in the final group, but a little too far out to be in the real mix. September swing changes were not a good idea!!

Will keep the 3 bandits honest though :D

I assume there is a practice range out there to hit a few warm up balls?
    Range is beside clubhouse. Nice walk to first hole so give yourself plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Yupp, good numbers alright. If we had one more then it would even out all the groups as we have to go out in 4 balls.

First Tee time is 12:20 so can everyone be there at least 30 minutes before we go out?

I'll be on the 18 hole putting green for a while!!

If you've never been there before, it's not an actual green. more like crazy golf. but it's cool, condition is pretty shabby though any time i've played it.

oh, and it's hard to find!! it's out behind the Rose Garden Cottages, or directly in front of the main house....up in the trees

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

stevieob wrote: »
    If you've never been there before, it's not an actual green. more like crazy golf. but it's cool, condition is pretty shabby though any time i've played it.

oh, and it's hard to find!! it's out behind the Rose Garden Cottages, or directly in front of the main house....up in the trees

Feck that so, I'll be on the normal practice green!!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Weather is looking fine for Sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Feck that so, I'll be on the normal practice green!!

Normal practice green is class, short game area with bunkers is cool and range is quite good however only a few bays.

Great course, hope everyone enjoys it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus - I'm going to be watching great golf, with me, behind me, and in front of me.

Could the people on any adjoining fairways watch out for me. Not too many thank goodness.

Left or right as it transpires. The duck hook looks the most dangerous.

rollotomasi has rounded up another poor soul to go out with us to make up the 24 (6 x 4) so all slots filled now. Bit of a re-jig of the groups as he wants to go out in the same group (we don't bite, honest!!) but good to have all the slots filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Jaysus - I'm going to be watching great golf, with me, behind me, and in front of me.

Will gIve you a wave when I am are 320 out so you can drive off !!!

Lads, meant to ask this before: What are we doing for grub? Staying in the MJ or heading into town or in the hotel?

Hotel have a deal on as per below but I'm easy as to what ye want to do.
    Golf Groups Bar Specials

Soup Sandwich Combo @ €10.00
    Cup of Soup, and Sandwich with selection of fillings

Beef Burger or Fish en Chip @ €12.00

Roast beef Sandwich @ 14.00
    Saute onions and mushroom, ciabatta, mustard aioli
    French fries and mesculan salad

€20
    Main Course Items, with chefs garnish
    Chicken
    Pork Belly
    Salmon
    Cod

Soup + Choice of Maincourse

Choice of Main Course or Dessert

• Advertisement

Will gIve you a wave when I am are 320 out so you can drive off !!!

:D

I'll wave at you from 330 so, at my ball :D.

:D

I'll wave at you from 330 so, at my ball :D.

just before you take your third shot!!!:D:D

Lads, meant to ask this before: What are we doing for grub? Staying in the MJ or heading into town or in the hotel?

Hotel have a deal on as per below but I'm easy as to what ye want to do.

probably just as easy to eat at MJ. The bar food is pretty decent. It's going to be 5ish before we are eating, so if we muck around at that stage heading into town/hotel etc there will be a lot of bellys think throats have been cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

I was at Mount Juliet earlier in the year and the bar food was pretty good.

Everything in MJ - is a bit expensive , but I guess we are on holidays, once off.

If we eat at clubhouse as people come in - it will save a good hour or so for most.

We still need to get back to hotel / book in etc. So no harm food out of way (IMO)

Lads - just so it is not too mental from the off - anybody know a few or a decent quieter old man boozer to start in - just to work out who is who, chat to start - Langitons from the off a bit intense.

Below well worth seeing , but very busy too.
    http://www.kilkennycityonline.com/tynans-bridge-house-bar-kilkenny.html

Up to you Charlie - unless you want a night club from 7 (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Everything in MJ - is a bit expensive , but I guess we are on holidays, once off.

If we eat at clubhouse as people come in - it will save a good hour or so for most.

We still need to get back to hotel / book in etc. So no harm food out of way (IMO)

Lads - just so it is not too mental from the off - anybody know a few or a decent quieter old man boozer to start in - just to work out who is who, chat to start - Langitons from the off a bit intense.

Below well worth seeing , but very busy too.
    http://www.kilkennycityonline.com/tynans-bridge-house-bar-kilkenny.html

Up to you Charlie - unless you want a night club from 7 (lol)

Straight to langtons fix!! Ha ha :D

or Matt the Millers then off to Neros!!

or Matt the Millers then off to Neros!!

Lol - Matt the millers is as bad.

"WHAT IS YOUR USERNAME"
    "WHAT"
    "WHAT"

"**** IT JUST GET A PINT"

Yea, lets wait till a bit later before we hit Langers ;)

I used to frequent KK quite a bit, but it's been a while now. Maybe Shane007 can put us straight on a few bars, but maybe start in Syd Harkins... used to at least have a pool table there and a dart board... then could go up to Rafter Dempseys before Move down to Matt The Millers to finish in Langtons

Anyone who takes drunken pics on their phone will be banned Monday!!

I better stay off boards with the few pints on board also!!

• Advertisement

Yea, lets wait till a bit later before we hit Langers ;)

I used to frequent KK quite a bit, but it's been a while now. Maybe Shane007 can put us straight on a few bars, but maybe start in Syd Harkins... used to at least have a pool table there and a dart board... then could go up to Rafter Dempseys before Move down to Matt The Millers to finish in Langtons

Yes sensible enough - actually see these people are human.

Decent plan - but a real pub does't have a tv or a pool table or music.

I'm like that - (lol) - but not that bad.

Anyone who takes drunken pics on their phone will be banned Monday!!

I better stay off boards with the few pints on board also!!

Agree with that, any camera or swinging (well you know what I mean - golf type) - and you get a ban from Cha.

Agree with that, any camera or swinging (well you know what I mean - golf type) - and you get a ban from Cha.

grand, so we are all sorted for a few birds and a bowl full of car keys then :D

grand, so we are all sorted for a few birds and a bowl full of car keys then :D

With us losers it would be golf tees.

With us losers it would be golf tees.

can you imagine what the girls would be saying!!!!

"Where do you think you are putting that?"

"How come his is broken?"

"Why is his bigger than yours?"

"I got me a big black one!"

etc etc......:rolleyes:

:D Lol.

:eek:

Who is sharing with Stevie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Someone in work recommended a bar called The Field as a bit more old man-ish but still central & still a good spot. Could be a starting point for the night?

Someone from that part of the world might be better placed to recommend though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Nightlife in KK is huge.
    Main pubs would be:
    Langtons
    The Left Bank
    Matt the Millers

Matts is probably the best & handy to roll onto Langtons afterwards. It's also owned by some good friends of mine, Ray & Brendan. Sound blokes so give them some stick!

Syd Harkins is a nice enough pub for the thirty somethings.
    Ryan's in Friary Street (just off High Steet) is a brilliant pub for live music. Also owned by a diamond friend of mine, Arthur.
    Further down High Street you have The Playwright, very good pub, again owned by a friend of mine, Richie. Richie is also a 2 handicapper & a member in MJ and in KK.
    There are approx 40 others but you won't go wrong with those ones.
    Any teeny boppers amongst you, make your way to Biddy Early's. It's beside Matts.

Again, sorry I can't make it, even when it's on my own door step. I forgot the 20th is wife's birthday (a big one) & also our wedding anniversary, plus I have class until 4.30.

Anybody needing to scraped off the floor on Sunday morning or needs to be bailed from jail, send me a PM, I might have a few contacts ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Sounds like a few are getting giddy with excitement, mustn't be allowed out much lads :pac:

Am I odd in looking forward to the golf more than the pints and swinging in Kilkenny afterwards :eek:

• Advertisement

Sounds like a few are getting giddy with excitement, mustn't be allowed out much lads :pac:

Am I odd in looking forward to the golf more than the pints and swinging in Kilkenny afterwards :eek:

Ah you see some day you'll get old, married and have loads of kids...... Nights out become a rarity, not to mention weekend s away!

Advertisement