Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - CAPTAINS DAY 20th September 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Would advise everyone who can to play this event. What a course, played it twice and enjoyed every minute of it. Lovely mix of birdie holes and then theres holes where ur delighted to make par. Par 3s are crackin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,778 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Tones69 wrote: »
    Would advise everyone who can to play this event. What a course, played it twice and enjoyed every minute of it. Lovely mix of birdie holes and then theres holes where ur delighted to make par. Par 3s are crackin

How about yourself Tones , would love to see you give the first a go at landing on it.

How about yourself Tones , would love to see you give the first a go at landing on it.

The first is 360 yards you header

Edit: or yis playin off greens

The first is 360 yards you header

Edit: or yis playin off greens

Lol - have been close meself -

Yes off the greens.

You'd give it a go :D

Lol - have been close meself -

Yes off the greens.

You'd give it a go :D

Never played off greens. Buuuut IMO the course might be enjoyed more off whites. Its not really long bar the 18th!

• Advertisement

Never played off greens. Buuuut IMO the course might be enjoyed more off whites. Its not really long bar the 18th!

Yes the lads have sort of agreed on that,

Would you consider playing ?

But - I guess space are now tight Charlie ?

People are normally sounder in real life than the Internet - I have found. :D

Yes the lads have sort of agreed on that,

Would you consider playing ?

But - I guess space are now tight Charlie ?

People are normally sounder in real life than the Internet - I have found. :D

Might play? How much? If theres a tee let me know il see wat i can do

Might play? How much? If theres a tee let me know il see wat i can do

Up to Charlie ,

Think it is tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Thanks to Ireland's 'free' education system I won't be able to attend this event. Absolutely potless now and won't get paid until a few days after :(

Would have loved to play it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Hoping to make it Charlie too, played in two of the events this year. Would that be enough to squeeze in?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

charlieIRL wrote: »
    We've enough slots for 28 people so probably an hour after first group?

Have all the regular members got the teamer text? I'll send the rest next week

I haven't got the teamer text Charlie. It's showing up on the app alright but I can't respond for some reason. Not sure if there are more having the same problem?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

denisoc16 wrote: »
    I haven't got the teamer text Charlie. It's showing up on the app alright but I can't respond for some reason. Not sure if there are more having the same problem?

Bugger, I'll have a look in the morning for you.

Regarding spaces, priority has been given to members who've played most of the events this year, after that its everyone else and then visitors.

The green fee is €60 but we will be subsidising a bit of the members green fees as much as we can. I cant promise miracles though but its a once of for some of us so I think its worth it.

phkk wrote: »
    Hoping to make it Charlie too, played in two of the events this year. Would that be enough to squeeze in?!

Nobody will be turned away, the more the merrier!

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Thanks to Ireland's 'free' education system I won't be able to attend this event. Absolutely potless now and won't get paid until a few days after :(

Would have loved to play it too.

Pity dude, I get paid monthly too and its a right stones. 3 big showjumping weekends this month are killing me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Bugger, I'll have a look in the morning for you.

Regarding spaces, priority has been given to members who've played most of the events this year, after that its everyone else and then visitors.

The green fee is €60 but we will be subsidising a bit of the members green fees as much as we can. I cant promise miracles though but its a once of for some of us so I think its worth it.

Cheers. Yeah that's fair enough regarding spaces and regulars. Not sure how many I've played this year. 3 at most I'd say. If there is space il travel but if not no hassle.

We have to play off the forward tees, society rules in Mount Juliet.

If theres room I'll save a place for you.

denisoc16 wrote: »
    Cheers. Yeah that's fair enough regarding spaces and regulars. Not sure how many I've played this year. 3 at most I'd say. If there is space il travel but if not no hassle.

There's always going to be room for our members. Hope you can make it.

Ah ok you can take me as a no no then wouldnt pay that money for it. Enjoy the day out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Society is for everyone. not just the big shots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If theres room I'll save a place for you.

we are not just a bunch of hackers, so whilst we are a society, we are all proper golfers. i agree with tones, i've played the course plenty of times. to play it off the greens it no going to be as enjoyable as the whites. it would not make the round much more difficult either. see what you can do, but my vote is always to play from the back sticks

• Advertisement

I agree,

I think you should tell them that the last few outings were won with 36 pts +

We don't take **** - we are golfers stuck in a society !

(I'll take greens too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Maybe we should go out in order of the GOTY rankings. It would be a good test of mental fragility :P

Mightn't be possible logistically but it would be a bit of fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I agree,

I think you should tell them that the last few outings were won with 36 pts +

We don't take **** - we are golfers stuck in a society !

(I'll take greens too)

Sure the greens will suit that six iron of yours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Maybe we should go out in order of the GOTY rankings. It would be a good test of mental fragility :P

Was thinking this myself. Charlie could hold the final grouping for himself but put everyone else out in reverse order to make it feel like a final day?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

We did that last year. The 3 of us in the top 3 group were watching each other rather than playing golf lol. But it would be cool if they did something like it again

Was it myself ben and ballyk?

Ben was goat anyways ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madradana

Hi, how do I join this group

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

madradana wrote: »
    Hi, how do I join this group

Just need to send you're details by PM to the guys running it, charlieirl or pistolpete11 & they can add you to the teamer group for the society. Then for each event & notification gets sent out. You reply yes & you're included in the numbers to play.

Pretty sure that covers it?

If we can all be there before 12:20 (except for ben1977!!) then we can all go out in reverse order alright. When we have the final list of entries i'll do it up

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

and you can put them off the red tees, you'll get them around quicker :pac::pac:.

• Advertisement

and you can put them off the red tees, you'll get them around quicker :pac::pac:.

Nah its ok, we'll leave the reds for you!!!!

Advertisement