Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maginion ip camera and upc horizon modem

Options
  • 19-08-2014 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello all ,
    I bought a maginion Ip Camera in Aldi recently an Connected it up to the modem for local use but how do I connect it up so I can view when Im away from the house, Im finding it hard to
    follow the instructions because it does not go into specific details for my modem which is a upc horizon.
    Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Asm

Hi,
    To be able to view the IP camera from outside your network you'll need to give your IP cam a static IP address and port forward the necessary ports to it. This is done from the Horizon box, however you may need to log into the cam itself to provide the static IP. I'm sure it explains this in the camera's documentation. Anyway, to get into the horizon box you need to type 192.168.192.1 into your browser. As far as I know, the password is "admin" and you leave the username blank. You can have a look around there for port forwarding and anything else you need.
    Hope this helped.

Advertisement