Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet broadband/VOIP issue

Options
  • 18-08-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have magnet broadband since October 2013 (Limerick area).
    Till end of March 2014 everything worked perfectly, from April connection is dropped every day multiple times (for example yesterday was dropped 5 times in one hour). This is so annoying.

I rang to their customer service multiple times (till June they blamed eircom, ATM they said that update for modems is prepared).
    From today morning (about 9) all services are stopped (broadband and VOIP). After several calls they decided to raise a ticket to eircom.
    Probably for next couple of days I'll have to use mobile broadband.

ANyone else have similar issues in Limerick Area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

zderki wrote: »
    I have magnet broadband since October 2013 (Limerick area).
    Till end of March 2014 everything worked perfectly, from April connection is dropped every day multiple times (for example yesterday was dropped 5 times in one hour). This is so annoying.

I rang to their customer service multiple times (till June they blamed eircom, ATM they said that update for modems is prepared).
    From today morning (about 9) all services are stopped (broadband and VOIP). After several calls they decided to raise a ticket to eircom.
    Probably for next couple of days I'll have to use mobile broadband.

ANyone else have similar issues in Limerick Area?

im not at home atm, but i have been having same issue since around the same time out in shannon. think my connection may off atm as i cant remote onto home machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm in Dublin and suffering all day with it, its simply unacceptable, I've been onto them also the last few weeks seemingly getting the same run around that you have been from them, exact same spiel you got that I did!

They promised me a free month so I'll see will they follow through with it, if not I'll be back to Eircom unfortunately....

It's a shame because when it does work, it generally works well, when it's not its always at the worst time's it happens....

check out this thread for tales of woe and ineptitude...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055026088

my complaint started around here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90261142

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zderki

Lucky one - my connection is dropped :) internet/wireless lights are blinking... Maybe should i send them my invoice for mobile broadband usage for time when their connection is dropped?

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    :(

15 million modem reboots later it seems to be back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I'm in Limerick with magnet. No broadband all day

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AnnHan

We are in Limerick too (Castletroy) and the connection is dropping several times a day. Magnet say they are preparing an update for the modem but it does not seem to be ready yet. However, we find if we turn the modem off and then on again a few seconds later, it usually brings it back. Not acceptable at all and going on for far too long. Does anyone know when ESB/Vodafone will become available in Limerick?

@AnnHan connection is back today morning about 6AM.
    Until this time wasn't dropped but I'm expecting several restarts today...

They told me yesterday that update will be pushed to my modem within 3 days.

"zderki wrote:
    They told me yesterday that update will be pushed to my modem within 3 days.

They told me the same last week, I woke up to no service, once I rebooted it was okay...

If this is firmware all along I'll be miffed....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

And its back. Only 4 more days of this left.

firmware release hasnt gone ahead yet, they need "a few more days"

few days ago they needed few days too :>

these few days is going to change into infinity

phill106 wrote: »
    firmware release hasnt gone ahead yet, they need "a few more days"

Bahaha...

Can they delay it another week and stick in some pre open ports for the PS4 and Xbox One?

Oh no, that would actually make sense I'd say... !

I haven't bothered properly opening my ports for gaming as I hard reset the router so much... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Why is it just magnet having these problems, it so annoying

dave1982 wrote: »
    Why is it just magnet having these problems, it so annoying

Because it wasnt an issue with capacity on eircoms side (like they said), it was a modem firmware issue causing the reboots. If it was a capacity issue, people in my estate using the same fibre product from other providers would be having the same issues and they are not.
    They waited on eircom to up the capacity on the fibre before they looked into the modem issue, wasting all our time...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RyanGannon

phill106 wrote: »
    Because it wasnt an issue with capacity on eircoms side (like they said), it was a modem firmware issue causing the reboots. If it was a capacity issue, people in my estate using the same fibre product from other providers would be having the same issues and they are not.
    They waited on eircom to up the capacity on the fibre before they looked into the modem issue, wasting all our time...

Except I don't use their modem and I have the repeated drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I was onto them today, they claim to have a fix for the issue but it depends on the router you own.My router is not compatible with the firmware update they have.They offered me a new router but I can't connect my phone to it, which is beyond useless to me.Mailed them asking for UAN as I'm switching.Still waiting for a reply

dave1982 wrote: »
    I was onto them today, they claim to have a fix for the issue but it depends on the router you own.My router is not compatible with the firmware update they have.They offered me a new router but I can't connect my phone to it, which is beyond useless to me.Mailed them asking for UAN as I'm switching.Still waiting for a reply

Which one do you have already? Any idea what one they offered?

Advertisement