Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of Domains, Web Registration Rip Off

Options
  • 15-08-2014 2:54pm

I run several web sites and was disappointed to lose some recently. I did not receive renewal notification by email and when I loggged into <snip> they were gone. I tried contacting them but after being on hold for ages was told there was nothing they could do, the guy on the phone was not helpful at all. I also got onto tech support and was told if I pay a release fee I can have my websites back.. As I was paying 7.95 before yearly it seems excessive to now have to pay over 100 each to get the 4 domains back!

Anyone tempted to register or host websites with <snip> BEWARE, they have an Irish number listed but if you ring it you get rerouted to English tech support & they are so busy you will be waiting ages. I have had very bad experiences with them and am switching all my remaining domin registrations and hosting to <snip>, an Irish company who are far more helpful.

==============
    <snip> Response
    ==============
    Due to the length of time that has elapsed since this domain's renewal date (15th July), it is now in a state known as 'Redemption'. This means that it is not yet available for anyone to register and can still be reclaimed by you.

As it is in redemption a redemption fee (€110.69 inc VAT) will need to be paid to renew the domain and prevent it being deleted. This fee includes both the administration costs involved with bringing the domain out of the redemption state and also the renewal cost of the domain.

A redemption fee order has been created on your account and can be paid either via the 'Billing Options' section of your Online Control Panel or by contacting us on ..

Also please note that, once this fee has been paid, it can take around three working days before the domain is restored to working order.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi Ed,

Boards does not allow discussion about web hosts, please see here for more information. In the past these threads have caused more trouble than there worth so I'm snipping the name and locking the thread.

Nick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement