Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians like Frankie Boyle

Options
  • 08-08-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Title says it all.

I love Frankie's style of outrageous comedy. I've gone through his dvd's and any online clips. Mad for comedy down this line.

I know some would mention Jimmy Carr but I don't find his delivery and his style funny at all.

I could listen to a podcast of his comedy but i ain't able to watch it.

I'm not a fan of Louis CK or any American comedian for that matter. Well, I can listen to Hicks, Carlin, Chris Rock and Pryor but that's it.

Oh and no chubby brown. For me he's boring and antiquated.

So.... is there anyone left at all who can possible match Frankie??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Brendan Burns (Australian.. I think...) : "So I suppose this is offensive now". And his other stuff.

You shant regret it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Brendan Burns: "So I suppose this is offensive now". And his other stuff.

You shant regret it :D

I'm 3 minutes in: "You look like the personification of hepatitis" hahaha

This is exactly what I was looking for. He's even got Frankie's style and mannerisms! Cheers!

However, the night is yet young and i'm going through the tins at a slow rate, so I reckon I will need a few more suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Dilemma OP Frank's live on BBC 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Jim Jefferies for me. Very different style but looking at the OP looks to have very similar taste to me, in actual fact I agree with all his/her points.
    Check out Jim, Im going to give Brendan a listen now

Jim Jefferies for me. Very different style but looking at the OP looks to have very similar taste to me, in actual fact I agree with all his/her points.
    Check out Jim, Im going to give Brendan a listen now

I've given him a bash there and form what I've seen he could well be right down my alley.

I'm gonna stick it out with burns for now and see how the rest of his routine goes, then maybe go to jeffries, but il pop on in here in a bit to see the rest of the suggestions!

Cheers lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Dapics wrote: »
    I've given him a bash there and form what I've seen he could well be right down my alley.

I'm gonna stick it out with burns for now and see how the rest of his routine goes, then maybe go to jeffries, but il pop on in here in a bit to see the rest of the suggestions!

Cheers lads!

Let me know how you get on ;)

Also, Bill Burr. He is American admittedly but while not as dark as Boyle, Hes definitely intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Dara O Brian live is very hard to beat, genius

I just watched Brendon Burns so this is offensive now.

Man, he is an absolute nutcase!
    Still found him quite funny but his flamboyant style and his tendency to shout detracted a bit from the messages he was trying to get across in his routine.

I'd still watch him again.

I think after Burns, Jim Jeffries comedy will be very effective in the sense that his style is the complete opposite.

On Dara O Brian - I love him to bits but I'm just in one of those moods where outrageous, dark comedy is on the mind.

I'll give Burr a lash if I have some time tonite! But in general, I just can't stand American comedians - I think it's the accent really. Unless they are very very good performers with great style I ain't able to watch them. The only american comedian I insist people have to see live before they die is robin williams!

My mates are the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Dapics wrote: »
    The only american comedian I insist people have to see live before they die is robin williams!
    My mates are the same!

Well that just depressing.....

fizzypish wrote: »
    Well that just depressing.....

Yeah, it's a bit awkward alright!

Not sure what to make of this!

• Advertisement
Advertisement