Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power rangers RPG

Options
  • 06-08-2014 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Do you think we should get a proper power rangers RPG based on the original power rangers. I think bioware or osidianwhatevertherename is should make and make it really good. of coures Bethesda might be a good choice too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Dear God no :|

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This is the worst idea I've heard in a while. A beat 'em up could certainly work in the right hands but an RPG? Seriously?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It wouldn't really appeal to me personally

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You could never recreate the magic of the TV show in a game.

Penn wrote: »
    You could never recreate the magic of the TV show in a game.

Would be outsold by The Morbegs RPG as that will have X-Box One timed DLC exclusives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Collectors Edition includes:

The Revenge of Ivan Ooze DLC Story Mission
    Play as Goldar Challenge Maps
    Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Skins
    Ultrazord figure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Penn wrote: »
    Collectors Edition includes:

The Revenge of Ivan Ooze DLC Story Mission
    Play as Goldar Challenge Maps
    Power Rangers Lost Galaxy Skins
    Ultrazord figure

Green with evil will be a separate DLC campaign with recruitable character Tommy.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bulk & Skull co-op or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Chroma Squad not good enough?

gizmo wrote: »
    Chroma Squad not good enough?

And now, it begs the question, did you know about this before this thread started or did you find it afterwards, either way you have too much determination to waste your free time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cormac... wrote: »
    And now, it begs the question, did you know about this before this thread started or did you find it afterwards, either way you have too much determination to waste your free time ;)
    Hah, it hit the headlines on a few gaming websites a while back when, sometime after their successful Kickstarter campaign, Saban got in touch to try and force a licencing deal due to the similarities with the Power Rangers IP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Can we just let our childhood memories to be unmolested?

Video games dont do it as much as Movie industry ( Turtles and I heard about Power Rangers movie too... ), but I know for sure, that some things should just stay in the past.

The molestation will continue as long as people continue to support it.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Does.... rule 34 apply here? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Video games dont do it as much as Movie industry ( Turtles and I heard about Power Rangers movie too... ), but I know for sure, that some things should just stay in the past.

Could we all go one further and try to collectively forget The Power Rangers ever existed at all? Obliterate it from the past too.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Bioware and Power Rangers?
    So, that's going to be an RPG with 10 different love endings, 2 of which are definitely going to be homosexual, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

o1s1n wrote: »
    Could we all go one further and try to collectively forget The Power Rangers ever existed at all? Obliterate it from the past too.

I will never forget Kimberly Hart!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

o1s1n wrote: »

Dont understand me wrong, when I see it now - I cringe like ****! Its just I remember how awesome it was back in the day. I just want it to stay there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's no experience so formative to one's cultural development than the belated realisation that a once beloved show, film or game was, is and always will be absolute cack :)

XVII wrote: »
    Bethesda and Power Rangers?
    So, that's going to be an RPG with 10 different love endings, 2 of which are definitely going to be homosexual, right?

Only 2? :eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah, 1 will have to be a love triangle, you see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

XVII wrote: »
    Yeah, 1 will have to be a love triangle, you see.
    Don't forget the option to go evil in the game and become the evil BDSM master as well; that adds another two versions (DLC for a third with the enemy turned around to your ways)...

I'm sure, Bioware would work hard on creating deep and intriguing relationships between the rangers. It would turn out that each guy has some sort of dark and dramatic secret, which would result in betrayal, murders and even more love triangles.

Bioware :o

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/power-rangers/29783/a-close-textual-analysis-of-the-1995-power-rangers-movie

What a great TV series and movie it was. I'm just sad I lost the toys :( Now I haven't watched either the tv series or film for a very very long time, surely they still hold up and are watchable, right? right?

There probably will be a new game soon though...

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/mighty-morphin-power-rangers/30397/new-live-action-power-rangers-movie-announced

Probably won't be an RPG

Wow, thats a lot of text

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

Only if you have to use motion controls for every intro they do or transformation.

Advertisement