Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ordering from Main Irish Airsoft?

• 05-08-2014 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi all, first timer here looking to get into airsoft. I figured I may as well start out simple with a spring loaded pistol to see how I like it then work my way up to AEGs and gas powered rifles perhaps. I know there are a good amount of retailers in Ireland but I'm just wondering if anyone's had any experience with MIA, what's the shipping like and would someone more involved in Airsoft be able to tell me if their prices are fair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

for me MIAs prices are more or less on par with other retailers. different retailers sell different brand AEGs and so on so they will differ in price and quality.

Personally i'd stay away from a springer. its a one shot, cock it shoot again cock it rinse and repeat.

if you want to see if you like the sport the best advise i can give is go to your local site and take a rental package for the day. it'll cost you maybe €50 for a full day but that will get you BBs, Battery, AEG and eye protection for the day. just bring your own boots. that way you'll get a better feel of airsoft using an AEG without investing that initial €€€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 AesisVanex

Faolchu wrote: »
    for me MIAs prices are more or less on par with other retailers. different retailers sell different brand AEGs and so on so they will differ in price and quality.

Personally i'd stay away from a springer. its a one shot, cock it shoot again cock it rinse and repeat.

if you want to see if you like the sport the best advise i can give is go to your local site and take a rental package for the day. it'll cost you maybe €50 for a full day but that will get you BBs, Battery, AEG and eye protection for the day. just bring your own boots. that way you'll get a better feel of airsoft using an AEG without investing that initial €€€.

Thank you very much for you info and response^^
    Any experience with the shipping from MIA, is it usually quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Iv ordered off them I live in limerick and usually have the item in a day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

AesisVanex wrote: »
    Thank you very much for you info and response^^
    Any experience with the shipping from MIA, is it usually quick?

havent ordered myself but know someone that has and its usually with them in a day or so. i live not far from there so tend to drive over

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I havent ordered from them myself but I did ring them about a gun I was looking for once and they did free delivery back then. Last November I think.

You will defo need more than a spring pistol to start with as you will be up against full auto machine guns that will outgun you big time. Even a gas powered semi auto pistol that fires as fast as you can pull the trigger is not really a match for that. Get a rental and see how that goes for you.

You can always get a pistol as a sidearm later on if you wish and Id still recommend gas or co2 power for that to have any hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Hugho

MIA are extremely trustworthy, I have used them several times, shipping take a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi bud,

Just my 2 cents but if your not sure if you'll like the sport of if cash is tight a good idea is a springer shot gun , there really cheap I think iv seen some for like E35 ( try and get a 3 shot ).

Unlike the springer pistol which I guarantee you ,you will ditch straight away if you start playing seriously the shotty will be a nice back up weapon or cqb option.

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1293&category_id=26&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Advertisement