Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Cooking Club Week 30: Sweet Scones

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Would you not just bake them and then let them cool?

Time constraints, only have twenty mins or so in work kitchen before starting work, then fifteen minutes around 10am to make stuff for morning tea.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Liamalone wrote: »
    Could you prep these beforehand, at say 8am, and then bung in oven at 10am? Or would the mix then fail

I reckon you could, as long as you refrigerate the dough in between. Scones are best made with very cold ingredients, so chilling between prepping and baking should enhance that.

Report back and let us know how it went!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made these again today, and I have a load of mascarpone cream and jam just waiting for them to cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm going to try make these this evening if i get a chance.
    Has anybody successfully converted to Gluten Free?

I'll just try same quantities with subbing in GF flour (then maybe tweak later versions based on the results), but if somebody else has already done the trial and error it'd be great to hear.

I’d imagine you’d need a stabilizer with gf flour, like xanthan gum. Likely to be too crumbly otherwise and may fall apart when you cut into them.

• Advertisement

I actually just made these myself today, for the first time in years. You just can’t beat a good scone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I have them in the oven now - can’t wait to have one with a nice cup of tea :)

Advertisement