Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute with Landlord over deposit

• 31-07-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, looking for some legal advice to see where I stand.

I recently moved out of a short term letting over a disagreement with the landlord.
    I learned recently that he wants to deduct 70 euro from the deposit for hiring cleaners and 120 euro for repainting my room.

I have photo evidence to show that the house was in a very clean state when I left and the paint in my room was in good condition, the only marks were some minor discolouring where I had stuck posters up with blue tac. There was no chipped paint or anything, just slight discolouring.

As far as I understand it anything up to usual wear and tear is the landlords responsibility so I intend on fighting him for the money, I just don't know where I stand legally. I haven't spoken to him yet I want to get some advice before I do in case I say something wrong so any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement