Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pics of Pike in Stephens Green

Options
  • 25-07-2014 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭

Just thought this might be of interest to some on here. Years ago, when walking in Stephens Green, I had seen a largish (2-3 foot) pike in Stephens Green. A few friends, who i woud regularly fish with, found it hard to believe.

So today, I was in Dublin, and took a stroll up to see if I could see any. So here is a few pics of one of the 2 I seen (both were about 2 1/2 foot).

Besides that, I did get a pic of an 8" or so Terrapin :pac:

Here they are -

StephensGreenPike_zps77bde511.jpg

StephensGreenPike2_zps311829df.jpg

And the Terrapin-
    StephensGreenTerrapin2_zps3687d0f1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi,

I wouldn't post the location of where the pike were spotted! Just in case... Lovely pike though! Love to throw a pike fly at them!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How? What? Was it stocked or.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Ah I wouldnt say where exactly!

Surely they'd be safe in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Kersh wrote: »
    Ah I wouldnt! Surely they'd be safe in there?

Thread on here not long ago about fishing in Stephens green and the "locals" cooking roach on a BBQ while they fished so to answer your question no they're not safe.
    Seems no fish are safe anymore in our lakes or rivers or canals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Thread on here not long ago about fishing in Stephens green and the "locals" cooking roach on a BBQ while they fished so to answer your question no they're not safe.

Really? Lord!

If mods think its unsafe to leave the thread up, then by all means take it down, Ive no problem at all with that.

I just think its a big surprise to see such big fish in such a shallow pond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Effing savages have lakes destroyed in Co Clare.
    One lake in Clare is now tench less.
    Imagine that, eating a tench ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

The munchers will be in heaven tomorrow with their cans of beer and their disposable BBQs,i will be near st stephens green tomorrow,might say something to one of the wardens to keep his eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Geomy wrote: »

Same hassle in local canal around here. I would find more than a few tench just killed and thrown into the ditch on a few occasions. It would sicken ya.

Advertisement