Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top section of fly rod

Options
  • 24-07-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

What are the chances of me finding a top section for a daiwa altimore s 10ft #7 2 piece ?

I hit the top section while casting big lures for rainbows it has been professionally repaired but the weight of the rod just does not feel right

I can use it away and have caught a few handy fish on it so I know it would hold but it just doesn't feel right

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi,

Who repaired it? not great, The only way would be online herd of few shops in england who would have spare pieces, but i'd say you'd have to buy another rod, try and get a Orivs is comes with 25 year warrenty, or sage lifetime warrenty have one my self rods are expensive but great rods...

good luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

A man from midleton in cork I know him through a workmate , he restores old split cane rods rods too and will repair most rods /eyes etc

The rod was passed down to me so it's got more sentimental value than anything but im sure they were a decent rod in their time

I wouldn't be that much into fly fishing yet so couldn't justify spending big bobs on hardy/sage/loop etc

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi,

Would you Buy a piece on the web from the uk Look on here http://www.flyfishing.co.uk/general-fly-fishing-discussion/ Make an account a post it on the forum, great people with good advice im sure someone will have one... Sorry i couldn't help...

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If you go into your local tackle shop and ask them to order one from Diawa you'll get one no problem, I've had to do this a couple of times and Dave in southside got me the sections no bother

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jp butler

You should go to your local tackle shop they should put you in the right direction to getting new piece for your fly rod

• Advertisement
Advertisement