Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock / Malahide

Options
  • 24-07-2014 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

Hi.

What's fishing like on Portmarnock beach, and on that stretch between the beach and Malahide? Any good spots along there or am I better off going more south?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭zombiekiller

Never fished there mate sorry. I always see people fishing of the rocks between portmarnock an malahide theres spaces for cars along the coast there i think its across the way from a gym with a playground. a small little concrete jetty comes out from the rocks i seen people fishing there for years but i know nothing about results.Only new to the sea fishing and went out to newcastle beach and was delighted to get to doggies. killiney beach is supposed to be good but that my be too far for you. Dun laghaoire pier and greystones pier can produce a lot of fish but are always packed. Some one else might give you a PM of out your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Never fished there mate sorry. I always see people fishing of the rocks between portmarnock an malahide theres spaces for cars along the coast there i think its across the way from a gym with a playground. a small little concrete jetty comes out from the rocks i seen people fishing there for years but i know nothing about results.Only new to the sea fishing and went out to newcastle beach and was delighted to get to doggies. killiney beach is supposed to be good but that my be too far for you. Dun laghaoire pier and greystones pier can produce a lot of fish but are always packed. Some one else might give you a PM of out your way.

I know the area that you mention. Maybe i'll give it a go this week. I'm new myself to sea fishing. I was in killiney last week and caught a doggie myself!! It's a bit far to go so was thinking about portmarnock as i'm based there.
    Thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭jd

There can be good smooth hound fishing along that stretch. Use crab.

Advertisement