Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DQ8, Chrono Cross or Xenogears?

Options
  • 24-07-2014 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

which one is best do you think guys? i wanna start playing one of these but no idea which one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

Never played either one of them, but I’m planning to try Chrono Cross this weekend,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dragon Quest 8 all the way. It's just a wonderful game although it takes a while to get into.

Xenogears is a half finished and deeply flawed game. It has some interesting ideas but I'd be hard pressed to call it fun.

Chrono Cross is a lot of fun but it has a lot of problems, like ruining the chrono trigger story line and some gameplay problems as well. It's interesting and at least more fun than Xenogears.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Hotman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dragon Quest 8 all the way. It's just a wonderful game although it takes a while to get into.

Xenogears is a half finished and deeply flawed game. It has some interesting ideas but I'd be hard pressed to call it fun.

Chrono Cross is a lot of fun but it has a lot of problems, like ruining the chrono trigger story line and some gameplay problems as well. It's interesting and at least more fun than Xenogears.

Awesome so DQ8 or CT
    I actually hated the game, it upsets me and makes me remember how depressing sundays used to be when i was a kid lol. Im the only one in the world who hates it, i only played 2 hours of it. So maybe i'll like CC more now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How can you find Chrono trigger depressing, it's so upbeat! Well unless you played the god awful PS1 version. Well one of the problems with CC is that it's depressing and mean spirited unlike CT so it will probably make you more depressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Frogs scenes are very sombre but that is just his character, one of the best themes ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DQ8, Xenogears and Chrono Cross in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

i just finished CC, it's..................kinda fun, 6/10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

I haven't played crono cross but my brother did. and I've seen him enjoying it. I've played Xenogears but I wasn't able to finish the game. it's 5/10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

out of curiosity where can I find a copy of xenogears or chrono cross in ireland and how do I play it on a PAL system.

You won't find a copy. Easiest way is to set up a us psn account and get it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Hotman

Edit: I'm a pirate.

Advertisement