Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New fence up at ESB car park by Poulaphuca Reservoir

Options
  • 21-07-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

What is it with the security fencing that's appeared by the carpark off the N81 opposite Bishopslane?

The right side has already had some older fencing pulled back so you can climb over but the left side is pretty impassable unless you're young and nimble.

Can't understand how it was harming anyone to have people enjoying the woods and lakeside in that area. My kids loved those woods and walking along the cliff tops.

I saw one sign saying 'temporarily no entry' (it had been torn down and thrown aside). Does anyone know if there are plans to reinforce the pathways? They were precarious, sure, but shutting off the whole area is a heavy handed solution.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Is it private property maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PhilK

Possibly. But there are walkways around other parts of the lake and it's been used by the public for decades. Why the sudden change of attitude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

PhilK wrote: »
    Why the sudden change of attitude?

Maybe someone decided to fall and go do a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Knatherlad

PhilK wrote: »
    What is it with the security fencing that's appeared by the carpark off the N81 opposite Bishopslane?

The right side has already had some older fencing pulled back so you can climb over but the left side is pretty impassable unless you're young and nimble.

Can't understand how it was harming anyone to have people enjoying the woods and lakeside in that area. My kids loved those woods and walking along the cliff tops.

I saw one sign saying 'temporarily no entry' (it had been torn down and thrown aside). Does anyone know if there are plans to reinforce the pathways? They were precarious, sure, but shutting off the whole area is a heavy handed solution.

I am interested to hear more about this, Residents of the Knader area in Ballyshannon are also having issues with ESB fencing.

Advertisement